Quantcast
  1. LAST DAY FOR SECRET SANTA ENTRIES! Get your entries in today!
    Go here for details and to learn how to participate.

ZeroStack cups and Integrated Headsets compatibility

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by craigyboy, Mar 1, 2010.

1. craigyboy New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Just a quick one, I am looking for a cane creek headset to fit my e thirteen reducer cups but the ones listed to fit it don't seem to be made anymore or at least I can't find them, I had planned on getting a cane creek is2 but can't get one so have been looking at the is3, will it fit the same? I would assume so but don't won't to go ahead with it without checking.
  2. HAB Chelsea from Seattle

Rep  |  Likes:
    5   |   34
    Yes.5
  3. PhilipW New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    I've been getting a few emails about the ZeroStack lately, so I think I'll sticky this one.

The ZeroStack uses the bearings/compression ring/etc from most Integrated Standard (IS) headsets, such as the Cane Creek S3.IS (also called IS-3), or FSA Orbit IS. The headsets use the 873-2RS 36/45 degree bearing . As far as I know, only CaneCreek and FSA have the rights to this bearing design, but it is fairly common.

Any from here work:

http://www.canecreek.com/component-headsets?browse=type&type=integrated-system&cat=1-1-8-threadlessCC

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?taxid=114&layout=product

CaneCreek has changed their part numbers around several times in the last year, so anything “IS-3” should be fine. The bearings press directly into the ZeroStack cups, and then the headset is assembled as normal.
  4. WillMarsh New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Yes they fit the same? That's good. Thanks Philip.