Quantcast

You will want to check this!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
CRC-Intense's website has some new footage up on what really happened with Matt Simmonds' and Chris Kovarik's crashes at Schladming.

We all know how hard CK is, so it must have been pretty bad for him to stay down. Looked pretty painful.

Matt was going for a line to land his jump on a smoother piece of track. A kid was stretching the tape to look out into the track and Matt landed directly on top of him, hitting him with his chainguide. Matt was unconscious for a bit and the kid is still in hospital. I hope he'll be alright.

Anyway, here's the link. The rest of the site looks pretty good too.

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
That spot that CK went down in was gnar. Strobel went down in the same corner but was up again right after. I am actually kinda surprised that spectators don't get taken out more often.

Apr 4, 2008
Santa Cruz, CA
I am actually kinda surprised that spectators don't get taken out more often.
Coming from motorcycle road racing where nobody gets near the track or the hot pit if they aren't a racer or pit crew with the proper safety equipment I am often appalled at how little course marshaling there is in DH racing.

It sucks for the spectator and I hope he is alright but because he was doing something he should not have been a rider was hurt. It's a dangerous enough sport no sense in making it more so.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Unlucky hey... why is the course not double bunted though? They were really anal about that at Canberra, had marshals every 50 metres or so to enforce it too.