Quantcast

YETI Video Vault: Schladming

JayCee

Chimp
Jul 17, 2008
Nice stuff, I really like that they even have a free podcast for all the videos.

I'm thinkin yeti is getting themselves in quite a good position with these videos and such. Great exposure, creates a good image of the riders/bikes and add to that they have a successful team! (I'm pretty sure Leov was top 10 overall this year yeah? and gwin I'd say is on the rise)

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I would venture to say the cross over would be similar to what happened in the late 90's when Cully and other BMXers came on the mtb scene.

bobtailoner

Chimp
Aug 20, 2008
germany, essen
yeti really does a great job. and they have a perfect marketing.
the only problem is the prices of the frames here in europe.
i´m looking forward to see the pricing of the new 303r dh

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I would venture to say the cross over would be similar to what happened in the late 90's when Cully and other BMXers came on the mtb scene.
Why would a top MX guy ditch the the money in that sport to come to DH where there is very little cash? Cully started a trend as there were much faster BMX guys than him seeing him pull in a big contract dollars and got them thinking of coming over for a piece of it. Maybe Red Bull will pit the top guys in each sport for a "triathlon" MX/BMX/DH...haha

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Why would a top MX guy ditch the the money in that sport to come to DH where there is very little cash?
I would never expect a top MX to come to mtb that would be totally retarded. But then again what's up with RC testing stock cars??? Although I did hear that Valintino Rossi Fiat/Yamaha is a big Jeff Gordon fan.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
great video. Why was Sam on the 303 after running that prototype rig all year?????

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
great video. Why was Sam on the 303 after running that prototype rig all year?????

They've been swapping back and forth between the 303-dhr and the regular 303 depending on rider preference and course. Best way to do testing/prototyping is put the rigs to the real test.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Funny how Aaron has become America's great hope in such a short time. Makes you wonder what would happen if more moto riders crossed over.
Hmm was he a good MX'r? Seems like a lot of people just assume he was going somewhere in the MX world. Just wondering if you are doing the same or if he actually gave up a lucrative MX career to sleep on couches and eat Top Ramen?

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Nice stuff, I really like that they even have a free podcast for all the videos.

I'm thinkin yeti is getting themselves in quite a good position with these videos and such. Great exposure, creates a good image of the riders/bikes and add to that they have a successful team! (I'm pretty sure Leov was top 10 overall this year yeah? and gwin I'd say is on the rise)
Yes^.
Their gonna go huge next season. Great investment this season to back it up. Hold on...

Last edited:

JR. GANGSTA

Chimp
Sep 18, 2008
Durango, Co
Blinky Is A Sick Rider, And Its Good To See Him Win One Finally. I Rode Behind Him In Practice At One Of The Snowmass Races This Year And He Has A Sweet Riding Style.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I predict yeti's going to sell a bundle more bikes next year.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
A great job goes out to Sam and the whole team. Looks like a fun group of guys.
What a way to end the season!

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
+++ Blinky is sporting the original Cully no glove style!!