Quantcast

Yeti 303WC delivery date betting pool

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
As you may or may not have heard, Yeti is having some issues with overseas production quality this year, and as such the release date of the new 303 frame has been delayed to an undetermined date.

Now as you can guess, I am on the waiting list, and I am not happy. No frame for DH season, especially with Angel Fire opening up over Memorial Day, is making me a cranky bastard.

However, instead of getting mad and ranting and raving, I think we need to turn this into a contest.

There's a great brewery here in Phoenix called Four Peaks.
I love one of their beers in particular called the Raj. It packs a 6.9% ABV, and it tastes good after a long hot ride here in the Valley of the Sun.

So I am going to put a case up as the prize for whomever gets the date right on when I get my frame. There's no point in getting pissed off I figure, its just a bike. I don't race, I'm out of shape, and I have more money then sense. As such, as long as you're of age and can prove it, I'm gonna give a case of beer to whomever gets it right as to when I get my frame.

Someone sticky this for me? I need some summer cheer as its already 107* here today.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Hmmmm. You're betting absinthe, or you want me to up the prize to that?
Be careful what you wish for, I gave some as a gift in Portland, and that party got very, very strange.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Not drinking on the job. Was thinking of running on the job. You know you're fat when work buys you a treadmill while you're out of town for your own use in your own office.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Nick, I've marked you down. Do you work at Yeti? Because that'd be cheating.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Funny Pepper, funny.
Though, if you ask Jenson USA, they're saying exactly 3 weeks. But that gets pushed every day I look. But the guy on the chat told me that "100% for sure they'll have complete bikes the end of May" for the 303WC.

Honestly I am insulted by Yeti right now though. They just posted this on their website, somehow making you think that the production of things like the 303WC is done in house. Its not, Taiwan screwed up, and now everyone who wanted a Yeti gets to sit and spin.

I really like Yeti, but I REALLY wish they wouldn't try to spin this. They f-ed up, own up to it and give a real date.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Honestly I am insulted by Yeti right now though. They just posted this on their website, somehow making you think that the production of things like the 303WC is done in house. Its not, Taiwan screwed up, and now everyone who wanted a Yeti gets to sit and spin.

I really like Yeti, but I REALLY wish they wouldn't try to spin this. They f-ed up, own up to it and give a real date.
They said nothing of the sort and did not hint to anything about doing production in house. It is for the prototypes only and it is stated multiple times in the video, title, and description.

And please don't tell me you bought it from Jenson???

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
They said nothing of the sort and did not hint to anything about doing production in house. It is for the prototypes only and it is stated multiple times in the video, title, and description.

And please don't tell me you bought it from Jenson???

C'mon, I'm an assbag, but that's above and beyond. I went through my LBS.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
C'mon, I'm an assbag, but that's above and beyond. I went through my LBS.
Then couldn't your lbs just cancel the order and use the money from your deposit to get you a different downhill frame? If I was in your situation I would just get something else. There's no point in waiting for a frame thru the entire lift season. And I feel your pain. I waited for a frame for 6 months when it was supposed to take a week.

b.utters

Monkey
Mar 30, 2011
Funny Pepper, funny.
Though, if you ask Jenson USA, they're saying exactly 3 weeks. But that gets pushed every day I look. But the guy on the chat told me that "100% for sure they'll have complete bikes the end of May" for the 303WC.

The video does have the word "prototype" in it so it's not all that deceptive.

Put me down for July 24th.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO

Holy smokes, man. I've tried calling you numerous times, asked you to give me a time to call you, asked you to call me, etc. so I can give you the full story. I&#8217;m still not sure why you&#8217;re so averse to talking on the phone, but I&#8217;ve got a feeling I&#8217;ll just get a follow-up to this post or another email. Fair enough.

As I've written in multiple emails to you, WE DON'T KNOW WHEN THEY WILL BE DONE. I don't know how else to explain that. Despite our on-site Yeti staff checking the frames as they came off production line, we had a major production problem that we only discovered after the bikes were complete and being ridden very hard by our WC pros. We&#8217;ve since identified the problem, corrected it, and done a number of exhaustive tests to make sure the new frames will be 100% correct (this has all happened very recently).

As of this week, we&#8217;ve begun the very time consuming process of re-working our entire production run, but as anyone who&#8217;s spent any time in a manufacturing environment can attest, there are no guarantees regarding how quickly things will get completed. If I had to give a gun-to-the-head guess, I&#8217;d say late July. Could be way earlier, could be way later. There are way too many variables for anyone to give a 'real date'.

Believe me, no one feels worse about this than us. More than half our staff are dedicated DHers, and if it makes you feel any better, none of us has a DH bike because of this mess either. We quite literally feel your pain. We understand that people have planned their entire summers around these bikes, and we&#8217;re absolutely sick over the fact that we dropped the ball so badly.

We&#8217;ll keep busting our rear ends to get this situation corrected as quickly as possible, and in the meantime, if any of you have any further questions, just drop me a line at johnp AT yeticycles DOT com. I&#8217;ll reply with my personal cell phone number and you can call me anytime of the day or night to discuss.

Back to work&#8230;

John P.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Holy smokes, man. I've tried calling you numerous times, asked you to give me a time to call you, asked you to call me, etc. so I can give you the full story. I&#8217;m still not sure why you&#8217;re so averse to talking on the phone, but I&#8217;ve got a feeling I&#8217;ll just get a follow-up to this post or another email. Fair enough.

As I've written in multiple emails to you, WE DON'T KNOW WHEN THEY WILL BE DONE. I don't know how else to explain that. Despite our on-site Yeti staff checking the frames as they came off production line, we had a major production problem that we only discovered after the bikes were complete and being ridden very hard by our WC pros. We&#8217;ve since identified the problem, corrected it, and done a number of exhaustive tests to make sure the new frames will be 100% correct (this has all happened very recently).

As of this week, we&#8217;ve begun the very time consuming process of re-working our entire production run, but as anyone who&#8217;s spent any time in a manufacturing environment can attest, there are no guarantees regarding how quickly things will get completed. If I had to give a gun-to-the-head guess, I&#8217;d say late July. Could be way earlier, could be way later. There are way too many variables for anyone to give a 'real date'.

Believe me, no one feels worse about this than us. More than half our staff are dedicated DHers, and if it makes you feel any better, none of us has a DH bike because of this mess either. We quite literally feel your pain. We understand that people have planned their entire summers around these bikes, and we&#8217;re absolutely sick over the fact that we dropped the ball so badly.

We&#8217;ll keep busting our rear ends to get this situation corrected as quickly as possible, and in the meantime, if any of you have any further questions, just drop me a line at johnp AT yeticycles DOT com. I&#8217;ll reply with my personal cell phone number and you can call me anytime of the day or night to discuss.

Back to work&#8230;

John P.

the voice of reason has spoke. plz lock the thread.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
12/22/12. Since I am not allowed to drink(medication) I will let dirt decide on it's destination. In the case I am right, we wouldn't know in the case the Mayans were correct. I doubt it will go into July though...

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Saint Bernard of Clairvaux who wrote, "L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs", and he was spot on the money.
Hell is full of good wishes and desires. Or in the more American parlance "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

I called today, but we missed one another.

What I intended to do with this thread is to a) put a bit of humor to the fact that Yeti screwed A LOT of its loyal owners by not being in front of this and b) to put Yeti on the spot because major distributors of yours, i.e. Jenson and Wrench Science, are telling people that they're going to have bikes in June. Maybe its wishful thinking on their part, maybe its a lack of information on both ends, but the end of July for all intents and purposes is the end of riding season for a lot of people.

And in my opinion, Yeti is doing NOTHING to make things right with the people who have orders waiting with you. When may comes around, frames are gone from all the major makers. Maybe you take a risk, maybe you get something from last year, and you make due. However, when you're spending $3k+ on a frame, one should not have to "make due."

Somewhere in this accountability disappeared. And with that, my riding season on the back of one of your frames went right in the toilet.

Yeti talks about things like "the tribe" and "taking care of its owners." I'm not seeing that here. What I am seeing is that Yeti decided to take some risks by going off shore, and from what I hear changing production centers in Taiwan, and those risks leave their owners high and dry, SOL and JWF as George Carlin would have said.

I own A LOT of Yetis. You know this John. I bought into your company when I had a problem much akin to this with Santa Cruz. I had a lot of Santa Cruzs then, and I sold them all so not to give them another dime of my money. I'm not there yet with Yeti, but I am damn close.

Apologies are great, but you're a lawyer too, and you know that they're too common and don't mean much. What I want to see is Yeti making this right with people. Not saying "Oh sorry, but your season is ****ed because we took a risk" but actually standing by your PR and doing something to make this right.

I work in production. That's all my day in and day out are these days. That's why you can't find me on the phone much. When things go wrong with my client, they put me on a plane that day and it gets sorted right quick and proper. This is how things should be done, and I don't think that's how its being handled here.

Today is May 17, and you're saying the end of July. That's 75 days, or 2 months and 14 days. That's also the bulk and majority of riding season. What is Yeti doing for the people who put down $3k as a deposit and now, due to your company's inability to get this done right, are without a bike and are searching high and low to find something to ride? What are you doing for your shops who are going to lose customers over this?

I think my mom said it best, I'm not mad John, I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed that a decision on Yeti's part leaves a lot of us high and dry, and Yeti isn't a) telling people what's up with dates and b) trying to find a way to get people to ride.

Its just a bike, and its just a season, I understand that. But without Yeti doing something for those of us who ponied up the cash, took a leap of faith on a bike they've never seen and never ridden (and maybe we're really, really stupid for doing this) I feel like we've ended up taking it in the back door because of choices made by Yeti. And that sucks.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
You know, unless your shop sucks, this should be as easy as cancelling your order, getting your deposit back and buying something that is available right now. I'm sure, after all of this, Yeti won't tell dealers they cannot cancel an order...

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Saint Bernard of Clairvaux who wrote, "L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs", and he was spot on the money.
Hell is full of good wishes and desires. Or in the more American parlance "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

What I intended to do with this thread is to a) put a bit of humor to the fact that Yeti screwed A LOT of its loyal owners by not being in front of this and b) to put Yeti on the spot because major distributors of yours, i.e. Jenson and Wrench Science, are telling people that they're going to have bikes in June. Maybe its wishful thinking on their part, maybe its a lack of information on both ends, but the end of July for all intents and purposes is the end of riding season for a lot of people.

And in my opinion, Yeti is doing NOTHING to make things right with the people who have orders waiting with you. When may comes around, frames are gone from all the major makers. Maybe you take a risk, maybe you get something from last year, and you make due. However, when you're spending $3k+ on a frame, one should not have to "make due."

Somewhere in this accountability disappeared. And with that, my riding season on the back of one of your frames went right in the toilet.

Yeti talks about things like "the tribe" and "taking care of its owners." I'm not seeing that here. What I am seeing is that Yeti decided to take some risks by going off shore, and from what I hear changing production centers in Taiwan, and those risks leave their owners high and dry, SOL and JWF as George Carlin would have said.

I own A LOT of Yetis. You know this John. I bought into your company when I had a problem much akin to this with Santa Cruz. I had a lot of Santa Cruzs then, and I sold them all so not to give them another dime of my money. I'm not there yet with Yeti, but I am damn close.

Apologies are great, but you're a lawyer too, and you know that they're too common and don't mean much. What I want to see is Yeti making this right with people. Not saying "Oh sorry, but your season is ****ed because we took a risk" but actually standing by your PR and doing something to make this right.

I work in production. That's all my day in and day out are these days. That's why you can't find me on the phone much. When things go wrong with my client, they put me on a plane that day and it gets sorted right quick and proper. This is how things should be done, and I don't think that's how its being handled here.

Today is May 17, and you're saying the end of July. That's 75 days, or 2 months and 14 days. That's also the bulk and majority of riding season. What is Yeti doing for the people who put down $3k as a deposit and now, due to your company's inability to get this done right, are without a bike and are searching high and low to find something to ride? What are you doing for your shops who are going to lose customers over this?

I think my mom said it best, I'm not mad John, I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed that a decision on Yeti's part leaves a lot of us high and dry, and Yeti isn't a) telling people what's up with dates and b) trying to find a way to get people to ride.

Its just a bike, and its just a season, I understand that. But without Yeti doing something for those of us who ponied up the cash, took a leap of faith on a bike they've never seen and never ridden (and maybe we're really, really stupid for doing this) I feel like we've ended up taking it in the back door because of choices made by Yeti. And that sucks.
Edit.

Not worth my time. Get your money back, post hundreds of threads here telling us that Yeti sucks and that you will NEVER buy another Yeti product, buy another frame, and get on with it.

Not one person here cares about your feelings or about your opinions, you should know that by now. Go back in time and get on the Revolt bandwagon, transport to present time, then you have something to complain about. I love Yeti more than the next, but I would get another frame, ride it this season, sell it, then go back next season and get that frame.

****, your posts are getting more and more worthless. Why did I get sucked into this?

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Seriously, do we need really need multiple threads about a bike company failing to make release date on a new frame in this day and age? Have you never bought a downhill bike before?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Like I said kids, just a way to make light of delays and in turn commit the crime of bootlegging.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
A.) It's a bike. Get over it. It's not something you "need". It's a very expensive luxury toy. Your quality of life will not suffer. You still have other expensive toys to play with.

B.) What are they supposed to do? Give you your money back? OK. Fly to Taiwan and force the vendors to work longer hours while they hover over them and tap their foot? Delivery is out of their control at this point.

C.) We've all been there. Stop being a brand whore and move on if you can't stand not having a bike for the next 6 weeks.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Too Long/Read Anyway
I think I now understand why it is a bad idea for lawyers to represent themselves. It's all about perspective or the lack thereof.

What do you expect Yeti to do? Would you like for JohnP to whittle you a fvcking bike? What do you think they can do that they are not doing? Do you think they have the ability to resolve this issue yet choose not to? This sucks for you but not nearly as bad as it sucks for them. It's not like they are trying to make bad business decisions so they can screw people over.

Since it is obvious you want the Yeti frame, you should buy a used place holder frame so you are not without a bike. Get a TR450/Demo/Makulu/DHR/M9/V10. It really doesn't matter, just get something you can ride for a few months and can easily resell when your bike comes in.

I am not trying to dog you out but I think it may be useful to take a step back and consider what can be done.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

I understand you are angry but stop the butthurt. Yeti didn't screw no one. Their hands are tied at the moment. If you didn't want delays why did you preorder an unreleased frame from a boutique company? Delays are very common in those cases. Hell I waited even more than you but didn't make the mistake of selling my bike because I knew in that case I'd let the butthurt consume me.

Buy a temp bike and ride instead of complaining.