Quantcast

Yeti 303-RDH and ASR-7 now on yeticycles.com

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Still have mixed feelings about the 303R-DH. The price and geo is tempting but the susp seems a bit like a marketing gimmick and one that could be done differently.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I thought the ASR-7 was going to have a single-sided chainstay? Was that a different model or was the concept dropped?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I thought the ASR-7 was going to have a single-sided chainstay? Was that a different model or was the concept dropped?
The concept was dropped. I will find the link where the guys at yeti were talking about it and decided that the single sided swing arm just won't work for the application that they were going for.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
would you like it more if they promised you a bigger pee-pee after purchasing the frame? that kind of different marketing?
Seriously. Everything could be done differently. Pick a bike or make your own. I can guarantee you that your needs aren't any different from any other average joe DH'r.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I like the 303R-DH. It appears to have a very similar pivot location to my IH Kumicho, which worked very well. It also has the rail to improve the leverage curve over a normal single pivot like the Kumicho. I definitely would like to ride one, but my e-speculation says that it should work very well.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
would you like it more if they promised you a bigger pee-pee after purchasing the frame? that kind of different marketing?
Well then at least they could claim for their bike to be revolutionary. We had a ball/pee-pee cutting frame(nicolai anyone? ;)) but enlarging? I'd buy 10 of them.

Still not sure If I wouldn't prefer for the shock to be actuated by a regular link. Yet I'm still kinda interested as this is the only frame I can actualy get before the season.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
My pee-pee bigger? Awesome! I'd buy 10 of them!

Still not sure If I wouldn't prefer for the shock to be actuated by a regular link. Yet I'm still kinda interested as this is the only frame I can actualy get before the season.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
norbar, didn't make decision, yet? ;)
that nicolai it was Lambda... the bike that scares me :D

I am bit surprised by the specs of the complete 303 bike... Hussefelt?! XR seatpost? Sram x-7 shifters?

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
I put in an order with my local shop for an RDH a little while back, should be interesting to see how it rides compared to other similar single pivots that don't utilize a rail.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
norbar, didn't make decision, yet? ;)
that nicolai it was Lambda... the bike that scares me :D

I am bit surprised by the specs of the complete 303 bike... Hussefelt?! XR seatpost? Sram x-7 shifters?
My currency lost 30% and most of the bikes are not available until spring so I have time to decide. Plus I'm also indecisive as hell (should have seen me ordering a pizza :P ).

The spec could be a bit better but still it's not that bad for the price. Especialy if someone can get a discount or get it on afterseason closeout.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
OK, I just had such impression after I watched Yeti videos ;)
What deos the R stand for?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I think the single pivot with rail is a stupid idea....seems like a gimmick. Flame away

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
What's with Yeti using blocky, goofy designs. It seems like everybody else is trying to go sleeker and with less tubing, and yeti just keeps on plugging out this huge, tall, awkward looking frames. Personally, even with that frame, I'd rather have a pivot as I'm sure it's lower maintenance than a rail.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Why would you host a picture of a bike with cheaper-end parts like X9, Hussefelt, etc.?

I always viewed Yeti as like... being part of the top-tier of bikes, and it seems like they skimped a little bit on that frame.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
303-R is a marketing joke. It's just an overweight, overly complicated single pivot. The ASR-7 is now just a slightly evolved ASX. Without the carbon rear it is nothing special. Bummer for Yeti that their XC line (carbon 575 and carbon ASR) are such standouts and their gravity line is uninspiring. They could make up for it by releasing an updated 303 that is lighter but still uses their dual rail system.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Why would you host a picture of a bike with cheaper-end parts like X9, Hussefelt, etc.?

I always viewed Yeti as like... being part of the top-tier of bikes, and it seems like they skimped a little bit on that frame.
Haha, I noticed this too.............

They'll probably re-shoot it with their WC-spec partslist...

(Hussefelt cranks look so out've place......)

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
the level of ignorance is staggering. just plain staggering.
I totally agree. This isn't an entry level DH bike. Yeti spec'ed the full build to keep the price below $5000. If they ran the new Shimano component list then the price would be about the same as the 303. Cheaper and lighter!!!!
I am very excited to see how this rides. Coming from a Sinister R9 and gruitr, I am a fan of single pivot design.
This frame was built for a more "mellow" UCI dh track such as Bromont or Canberra. Talking with Sam at MSA about riding it and what he thought about the frame, it sounds like a great bike.
How is the single rail a marketing scheme? Please answer that for me? Yeti runs rails, that is Yeti Cycles. The 303, 303-RDH, 303-RSS all utilize the rail. The rail is proven technology and has now won a UCI DH race with many more to come.
I keep forgetting how many people here are still single pivot haters yet 80% of them probably never rode one.
Just because it isn't something that Sam Hill, Steve Peat, Nathan Rennie, etc ride doesn't mean that it isn't a sick bike.
Oh well, there will always be the haters just to sound like a badass on an internet.:bonk:

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i just think some of these anonymous self proclaimed experts would be better served saving their money up to taking classes learning how to read. you can't really buy your way onto a race podium at a level that counts for anything but you can buy yourself some basic education.

if you're going to be a hater, you have to get balls deep in it- being a recreational hater is pointless. i'd venture a guess that the recreational hater of bikes on a forum probably has a "just the tip" approach to riding their bike in real life as well.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
i just think some of these anonymous self proclaimed experts would be better served saving their money up to taking classes learning how to read. you can't really buy your way onto a race podium at a level that counts for anything but you can buy yourself some basic education.

if you're going to be a hater, you have to get balls deep in it- being a recreational hater is pointless. i'd venture a guess that the recreational hater of bikes on a forum probably has a "just the tip" approach to riding their bike in real life as well.
There's absolutely nothing 'entry-level' about the 303-R except maybe its price-tag.

If you're going to throw up a Team-replica-colored bike on your website WITH THE GOAL OF SELLING THE BIKE, it makes total sense (at least in MY mind) to display it in the best light possible with a top-shelf build kit.

Last edited:

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Yo...

I'm not talking about you, this thread is full of dull minded comments. If you misunderstood my comments as such, then that's too bad.
Noted. No harm, no foul.

I realize that the picture they used is for the complete bike build kit (which, all things considered, is a pretty good deal).

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
kevin not all of us went to cherry creek and got the bang up education that you did. stil dont know how you got out of there without a drug or skank problem

anyways bikes look killer, i wanna finger bang that asr7

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
dexter, even you know how to read and retain some of it. and i know for a fact that you spent the entire duration of high school with your fingers in something other than books- mainly that of other dudes' and previous generations of yeti bikes.
>wink<

ray- you're all good in my books.