Quantcast

Yeti 303 rails and fork question.

Bent

Chimp
Aug 15, 2009
Hey guys,
When i regrease my 303 dh, the new grease seems to come out of the rail system just above the grease port, unlike the top where the old grease is cycled out with the new clean grease, i am using shimano special grease.

Also, i am running fox 40 up front, but the bumpers on the stanctions are not big enough to prevent the lower crowns from hitting the frame. Any suggestions.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I don't understand what you mean with the grease. Where exactly is the grease coming out? Have you taken the carts apart before?

As for the forks, the rubber bumpers work well on mine. I wrap a couple of layers of electrical tape around the lower part of the stanchion, just above the lower crown. Then the rubber bumpers are less likely to spin around. Turn the fork to one side and position the bumper towards the frame. It should be enough. You say it's the lower crown that are hitting your frame?

big cal

Monkey
Nov 18, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
I had to my 40 lower crowns hitting my frame and i ended up switching from a zero stack lower cup to a regular style headset.

or you could try a crown race lifter thing like the ones on this page but they are made for king headsets.