Quantcast

Xt/Saint Brakes?

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
hey there, Well currently im running a set of shimano xt m775, but I'm looking for something with a little more power, instead of buying a set of saint brakes, i was wondering if it is possible to just buy the callipers and install them with my existing levers? Has anyone done this before? and would there be any problems?
Cheers

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Same fluid, should be A-OK; you lose the servo-wave if you don't use the new levers; I don't know whether thats good or bad, probably a preference thing.

I love my 10 Saints; modulation depends on a light touch, and the power is there!! (WOW) I am swapping from 07 Codes, and the power is upped big time; the codes were no joke either, but WOW!

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
Digging this up a little, but got the set up running today. only trouble I had was the connectors, though we had a magura set which seemed to work nicely. They feel friggin awesome, they feel a little more solid when pulling it in, as opposed to other saints ive played with

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
What is the difference in the connectors? I was looking at CRC and since I plan to change the hoses anyway I figured buying levels and calipers only would be nice, could be a little cheaper too. I was thinking along the lines of XT levers with saint front caliper and Xt rear. Just need to make sure I have the right connectors so I can order if I have too.