Quantcast

Xfusion hilo

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Is the modern version of this post any good? I need an offset dropper with stealth routing to run backwards. This comes in an ace version. There's also the contact switch from giant.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I have two, mainly because I get X fusion through my team. Both are stealth and the first one is still kicking ass, more so than the reverb I tried or the lev I had. The second hilo I bought dumped it's seals in the 2nd ride but after coming back with new seals has been working well. I like that they are shifter cable actuation and the baseball bat lever fits perfect where the front shifter should be.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Running a HiLo Strate. Works fine. No problems. Shoves itself up my ass in a gentle, controlled and polite manner, and rests there firmly with no play unless I use the sleek ergonomic dildo shaped lever to tell it to do otherwise.

In all seriousness, it's fine. And dildo-ey.

lobsterCT

Monkey
Jun 23, 2015
Another option might by the 9point8 fall line. Stealth, available with backset or not. Its all air/mechanical no hydraulics. Works with a shift cable. 2 options for activation. Supposedly easy to service, but the 2 I have for my bike and my wife's are too new to comment on that 1st hand.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Apparently their kronolog was a giant failure. I truly wonder what those people do, if they employ anybody beyond graphic designers. The trigger for the kronolog was pretty cool, with the logo etched right on there. Shame it didn't work for longer than 3 months.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Apparently their kronolog was a giant failure. I truly wonder what those people do, if they employ anybody beyond graphic designers. The trigger for the kronolog was pretty cool, with the logo etched right on there. Shame it didn't work for longer than 3 months.
yea i seem to recall one of the first big reviews revealed a major design flaw with it.

and i'm probably the only person that has a functioning joplin.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Maverick originally designed the "speedball" and made them for a number of years. Crank bros acquired the design amd renamed it "Joplin"

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Did a little researching, and to tie it all back to the original thread!

-CB licensed the design from maverick
-when CB came out with the Joplin 4 they redesigned aspects in house and moved away from licensing
-Paul turner (maverick principal then) now consults for x-fusion
-a lot of the original Speedball tech is in the new x-fusion post

There was a maverick ml7 on the roof of every Audi in Boulder back then. Crazy.

Last edited: