Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yes, shop is up and fully functional!!!!! Will ship tomorrow.

And Bneal, I too forgot how to ride a bike as well. Cant wheelie for $hit!!!
Im all over on the doubles and my joints ache! No sleep, too much moving EXTREMELY LONG HOURSetc..... Our house closes on the first get keys and be the first ones to reside in it! :thumb:

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
enjoy....
COMPTON was SIIIICK!!!!
FLAMEOUT(I THINK)
PINWHEEL drop1

getting too much air...he went into the trees...

PINWHEEL drop2

alphamog doing drop2

We split up after that trail and got some lunch. My cousing and I rode a couple more trails after that and took some pics.

DISCLAIMER: Our pics won't be as cool as comptons

holelotnutin doing a rock drop/jump

my turn...

holelotnutin doind a steep chute (bad angle)

me (better angle)

holelotnutin doing a diferent rock drop

me doing a log jump ( a jump with logs)

end of the rides...taking a break a snapped a pic of our sleds

my jedi

Great weekend!

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Sam Hill? Shiet...he aint got nothing on OTE and CPT. Now Steve Smith....he's just dreamy.

CPT, when are you going to start throwing up the no handers and some no foot cans for the photogs? We all know you got the ill tables...lets see the rest of the arsenal.

RC_Compton

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
Riverside
Sam Hill? Shiet...he aint got nothing on OTE and CPT. Now Steve Smith....he's just dreamy.

CPT, when are you going to start throwing up the no handers and some no foot cans for the photogs? We all know you got the ill tables...lets see the rest of the arsenal.
Why do you need to call me out like that Randy?! I was actually thinkin about throwin a 360 off that ladder drop... I just need you there for suport...

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
So Blender, where are the Mammoth pics?

Me and DHMike took like 300+ pictures at SS (all gnar action shots) but we ran into a bear and had to use the DSLR as a weapon to save our lives. Oh well.:rolleyes:

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i think it was a grizzly bear to. good times @ ss except for a flat and the chairlift operators being d*cks , abstrakt51 killed it as usual.

Last edited:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
sorry guys. no pics this time...
i was really hoping to hook up with Herb and his buddy, to get some quality helmet cam footy, but we ended up playing phone tag all weekend.

The riding was great though. Trail crews have been putting in a little bit of time here and there, so most of the trails are "patched up", and there are some new berms and table tops in various spots. One particularly good addition are the two table tops at the very bottom of Velocity. After the last wood ramp and that long rocky tranny that takes you all the way to the bottom, there are now 2 nice tabletops at the very end. Stay off the brakes for the first table to clear it, the 2nd one is more lippy and a little short, so don't boost it or you'll end up going all the way to flat.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
So thanks to the hookup from a fellow monkey I've finally upgraded my Saber. Did a straight swap of the build. DHX-Air will eventually go for a Roco or pushed DHX coil.
Haven't actually ridden it on dirt yet but that should come tomorrow :biggrin:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Hmmm.. .that's not a bad arrangement if it gets my R9 on the lift.

the lifties were making smart ass comments such as ," we charge a dollar for each pound your bike is over the limit" and " that guy paid us twenty dollars[or owes us twenty dollars] to get on the lifts ".

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
hmmmm...last time we were up there we asked the guys if they would load our DH bikes for a 12pack...they didn't seem to mind....