Quantcast

X-Post from Va Forum Snowshoe!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I thought these few turned out fairly cool!

if you are thinkin about hittin up snowshoe anytime soon, I'd highly recommend it!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by MMcG
woah! Sick!

Did you run into the Jackelopes out there??
Jackelopes were in full force!!! I dun remember how many I met!?!?!?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by BurlySurly
cool stuff.

any big stunts out there?
yeah there is a fairly large hip type gap at the end of a trail that I believe only 2 people hit the whole weekend.......

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Originally posted by Castle
Jackelopes were in full force!!! I dun remember how many I met!?!?!?
Nice Pics! We've got some great video on the way. Did you guys run the DH trails? They were f#cking fast. The stunts were cool as well even though the teeter kept falling apart. I think you guys rode by us while we were fixing it.

Good times, keep the pics coming. :D

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
It was great to meet the Jackalopes, CBJ's crew from NYC, and all the other assorted :monkey:s this weekend. It was a cool opportunity to put faces to names. I hope everyone had a safe trip home.

AC Rider 1 (Mark) trying out the Hopey steering damper test rig...

Whale (Will) slaying a deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich :eek: topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream :eek: :drool: :dead:

Snowshoe shuttle at the bottom of the DH courses...

Ballhooter lift servicing the freeride park...

Stiff (Steve) dropping in at the bottom of one of the DH runs (just off of the sport course)...

AC Rider 1, Stiff, and Jaekormtb refueling at the "cookout" on Saturday evening with some brews and Korean rice wine (Steve, remind me what it's called)...

Saturday's weather was great throughout. Sunday was mostly nice until mid-afternoon.

...but I guess it wouldn't be Snowshoe without some mud and rain :D .

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Wow, what a great time Snowshoe was! I see a few bikes and people in these pics that I recognize, but didn't get a chance to talk to:(

It was great meeting the people that I did and the riding was a blast. The whole Jackalope crew had a great time and came away with smiles on their faces.

Hulkamaniac was super friendly and gave us pointers on what was happening on the mountain. THanks for all the info before and during the weekend!!!!

my bike for the people I didn't get to talk to:

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
Snowshoe rocks! I didn't want to leave, especially after we found the DH trails..........:D Many thanks to the people who humped all that wood up the mountain to make all those stunts, that took some serious time and effort. I have perma grin today just thinking about the place. Man I wish it wasn't a 10 hour drive! I'll definately be back, it was well worth it.......I just want to be back every weekend:(

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Thanks to all for coming down and making the weekend a huge success. We, meaning the builders/park and shop staff, knew it was going to be a big weekend, but I think the entire outcome even blew away our highest expectations. I had a blast, met a ton of monkies (still can't believe you guys drove from Rochester......that's super cool in my mind, dedication to mtb'ing at it's finest!) and rode so much this weekend that my short xc ride last night was a long and painful process.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement and appreciation. Be looking out for updates and new trails to be built all summer long.........big, skinny, drops, jumps, berms, it's all coming!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by Mtbkngrl
Snowshoe rocks! I didn't want to leave, especially after we found the DH trails..........:D Many thanks to the people who humped all that wood up the mountain to make all those stunts, that took some serious time and effort. I have perma grin today just thinking about the place. Man I wish it wasn't a 10 hour drive! I'll definately be back, it was well worth it.......I just want to be back every weekend:(
Totally with you there. I was LOVIN' those DH trails!!! They didn't kick my ass quite as much as the freeride trails did ;)
Looks like we're gonna have to brave the drive and hit it again! :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Those pics are AWESOME!!!!! I honestly had no idea Snowshoe had all those stunts, bridges, and ladders built up there. I figured it was just another mountain with dirt trails. Guess I will add Snowshoe to my "must visit" list.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
there are more stunts that are not in the photos too....... plus more coming......

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Holy **** i just mapquested snowshoe from the town Im moving to in TN. Its only a 4 and a half hour drive. ****yeah! Im there this summer. For real.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Meet the Jackalopes....

Front row (left to right): Squirrel, TreeSaw, Bella, Mtbkngrl & Gee Spot

Back row (left to right): Anna, Crashby, Stuntmatty, Tweek, Echo, Squid, Jenn, & Instigator

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Damn that was an amazing trip! I had so much fun chillin' wit you guys, rippin' trails, drinking brews, ....callibrating teeter totters with Squirrel. :eek: :D

It was a pleasure to meet some of you monkeys. DamienC was burninating the trails and Capt. Jack Sparrow not only rips DH up, but is also a hottie for those of you wondering. Sorry I didn't get to meet you Hulkamaniac but I admire your stunts (although the teeter needs some work). Can't wait to see what the trails look like after another year of progress. You've given us a few new ideas for future builds. Happy 24th as well.

Snow Shoe is doing it right. First class all the way. For those of you considering it as a tour stop, it is a must ride mountain. I'll be replaying moments from that trip for a long time. Thanks!

:cool:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I got the movie done and it turned out pretty good... but it's 53 mb and I don't have anywhere to host it :(

I'll pass the CD around and hopefully someone will find space, it has some true laugh out loud moments :D

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by Gee Spot
and when it was all said and done....:D :D

Those boys looked FINE!:love:
Haha...the mohawks rule!! On a scale from one to awesome, they're super great! :D

It looks like you all had a pretty phat pad for the weekend at Snowshoe. How far away from the village was that?

Great pics Treesaw!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Originally posted by DamienC
Haha...the mohawks rule!! On a scale from one to awesome, they're super great! :D

It looks like you all had a pretty phat pad for the weekend at Snowshoe. How far away from the village was that?

Great pics Treesaw!
It was pretty much at the village. We took the top section of the DH course home (where it comes out on the first road and there's a cool jump...maybe a 4-5 minute ride that actually takes longer by car???).

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Originally posted by Echo
I got the movie done and it turned out pretty good... but it's 53 mb and I don't have anywhere to host it :(

I'll pass the CD around and hopefully someone will find space, it has some true laugh out loud moments :D
Let us know where we can see it! I wish my "gang" had a video--there were a few cartwheels and somersaults that we could have captured... oh, and a good crash when Eric thought the teeter-totter was a drop.... Oh, yeah, and I launched off of a rock and landed one-handed squeezing the front brake on another rock. Not good, but probably funny to watch.

Echo, I'm also scared of your video 'cause Mtnbkngrl said I might be in it. The only thing I really did all weekend was loudly chicken out of stuff, so I guess I should prepare for embarrassment!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow
Echo, I'm also scared of your video 'cause Mtnbkngrl said I might be in it. The only thing I really did all weekend was loudly chicken out of stuff, so I guess I should prepare for embarrassment!
The only time I had you on camera was when we were standing around talkin'... so you're safe :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Originally posted by Echo

Hey....burn us a copy would you? PLEEZE :D