Quantcast

x-fusion vector air

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
I know they just announced it in may, just wondering if its actually out?

i did a few searches here and in general, but not much info on it other then on their own website.

So thinking that someone on RM might have the scoop on it or when its coming out for real :)

and last.. where can i get one online? ( or point me to any online x-fusion dealer ;) )

Marcoos

Chimp
Nov 30, 2011
Norfolk UK
I'm liking the look of the vector air too! Haven't seen any real reviews though. I'd like to see one against say a monarch plus!?

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Can't really comment on how the shock feels, but build quality seems a bit lacking on these... The dials are kinda sharp and really stiff. Adjustment clicks are a bit hard to feel on the shock, rebound knob is really hard to reach on these.

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Can't really comment on how the shock feels, but build quality seems a bit lacking on these... The dials are kinda sharp and really stiff. Adjustment clicks are a bit hard to feel on the shock, rebound knob is really hard to reach on these.
Couple questions.

1)Does it come with a shock pump like the Vivid Airs do?

2)Does it use standard fox bushing and reducers?

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
Yeah the rebound knob is difficult to reach. If the dials feel too stiff then the set screws might be too tight. My Vector Coil compression adjusters feel great, and it's the exact same compression assembly in the air and coil versions.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
vectorair.jpg

Disclaimer - I do testing for them -

I just got mine, i've had it on a few rides, and a few DH runs.

So far it's pretty freakin awesome. Really plush, i can run a lot of sag, and it doesn't bottom harshly. What else do you need from a rear shock?? :D

It's a DH shock. I can turn up the compression to get it to pedal better, but it's not on the fly as compared to a Monarch Plus. So far the Monarch Plus is working out well too. I haven't had personal experience with the Monarch Plus though. The Vector has a huge main piston/body diameter so perhaps the majority of the work is being done there, and not so much by the reservoir and that's how it can feel so good compared to reservoir equipped air shocks in the past.

It has a bottom out bumper (or at least it feels like it), it doesn't get that last 1/4" of travel until you thump it off of a drop, which is good!

Compared to the coil version (which is ultra cush) it's almost as supple, and i can dial in the sag to be 100% where i want it. I find myself between spring rates often since I'm a ferret. It seems like it might be a tad more progressive so it resists bottoming very well. I'm running more sag than on the coil and it seems to have a softer bottoming feel. On my trail bike I have a 400lb spring that gives me 25% sag. If i try a 350 it just bottoms too easily. The Air doesn't have that problem at all, and doesn't get overwhelmed with low pressure either. It keeps it's composure. I'm down to 100psi!!

The air can is a thin single piece construction which should keep heat down. I can't comment on the rebound-while- hot-action since it's been 30-60F out since i got it.

Krispy

Last edited: