Quantcast

Wwell I finaly got my Nicolai M-pire...YYYEEEAA

Edvard

Chimp
Feb 4, 2004
Europe
How does the Swinger react on that frame? I've heard that the SPV-technology isn't quite 'the thing' for the M-Pire..

Btw: which size is that?

Nice bike!!

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
adrenalinerush said:
The weight came into 45.5 pounds.

I'll give a review once I get a actually true Dh run on it, which well be in sometime in August after I get back from Whistler. But I just got back from a ride and I can tell the BB is realy low compared to other bikes I have ridden.

you know ya wanna go to the race in kalamazoo, ive got room for one more

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
adrenalinerush said:
When you say towards the BB, that is what way, because to me that would be like puch the chain guide backwards. Do you mean turn the chain guide clock wise?

rotate it counter clockwise...so the lower pulley get closer to the BB...I will get a pic up for you soon if you want one....it really helps keep the chain off the rear end...D

wirly

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
San Diego
BMXman said:
rotate it counter clockwise...so the lower pulley get closer to the BB...I will get a pic up for you soon if you want one....it really helps keep the chain off the rear end...D
Hmm, is that a new kind of guide, cuz I can rotate the "boomerang" on my Evil clockwise or counter clockwise all day without the roller getting any closer to the BB...cuz it's the center of rotation.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
adrenalinerush said:
Yea if you could post a pic that would be great. But I dont know if the pic if playing a trick, but the chain is not rubbing on the chainstay no near it but any mm.

ok I took a close up and the main issue I was talking about is the chain will slap against the chainstays, seatstays as well as the round welded crossbrace of the rear triangle...the part that's right after the top sliding guide...and pretty much anything else after the pivot.

It's kind of hard to explain...but if you put the top guide right next to the round hole...it makes it a lot harder for the chain to chop away at the rear end....of course this also depends on how short you run your chain and what size ring you have.

I have the shortest amout of chain I can run with a 40t chainring using a 32t rear cog with the suspension fully compressed...D