Quantcast

WTF Urban Youth

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
So this morning around 10:00 I am on our loading dock in downtown Louisville drinking coffee and inspecting damage on some custom equipment I had fabricated. It's a relatively safe area, the usual business folk, construction workers a few blocks down, Humana Health-care corporate office the next block over with security milling about etc. I notice 4 black kids about halfway down the block sitting on a ledge as they have been all morning. As i head back to my office there are now only a few scattered people on the sidewalk as everyone has reached their destination for the day. All of the sudden I hear people arguing, I look down the block and see the 4 kids wailing away in a lone heavy-set,middle aged guy. Dude is on the ground bloodied, his wallet is ripped from his pants and the kids run off. One of the kids sucker punched the guy as he walked by while the other three knocked him to the ground and robbed him, it was over befor i realized what had happened. I run over to the guy as he calls 911 on his cell phone. I then hand him over to Humana security who help him inside their building. My day goes by and I am pretty pissed about the situation. Around an hour ago (3:30) I am back on the loading dock when the guy who was mugged came up to me and let me know they caught the kids at a local McDonald's three blocks over but where unable to find his wallet and money. Turns out directly after the mugging I witnessed, the kids mugged another guy and beat him up pretty good befor heading to the local McD's. I guess they needed a McGriddle pretty bad. The kicker was that the kids where between 17 and 13 years old. F'n 13 years old. WTF It's fall break and they are out of school, so instead of riding bikes or playing as "normal" 13 year olds they decide to mug and beat random people.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Isnt Louisville the original home of Muhammad Ali AND Hunter S. Thompson? Maybe, after taking combined lessons from those two role models, they got real stoned and beat the crap out of someone for money.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
It's not urban youth, it's youth. My car got broken into last fall break in a suburb by some **** rich kids who were out of school and bored, luckily they got busted before they could steal the ****ing thing (my keys were in the glove box because i was riding)

I work with "urban youth" quite frequently. It's shocking how quick to fight they are. I had a couple of threats thrown at me last summer when I made them work and called them out about lying to me. All these kids see all day is ridiculous amounts of violence, and that's how they answer everything, right down to being bored and having no money. What is scary is the fact that in the grand scheme of things, they don't see beating the **** out of some one and taking his wallet as a bad/violent/crazy thing. It's just something to do. And at that age, going to jail is a badge of honor so that's not a deterrent either.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
If you guys would get back to your whore baby training/pit fighting instead of working all the time, this kind of thing won't happen as much.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
This week i started working/volunteering at an afterschool program in New London, CT. The kids are like 1st-5th graders, and this one kids mom drove by while he was playing soccer and shouted something at him (nothing bad). He said to one of the girls who i work with that his mom had 6 stitches in her mouth because his dad hit her. The kid also had a black eye cuz according to him his mom threw a video camera at him. Good ol' parenting skills