Quantcast

WTF? Do I still know anyone....

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
you know what those respekt cape cult kids are up to?
I think Andrew Mueller is still riding. Not sure about the other guy. Mike "Moto Mike" Thomas is still riding and has been professionally building trails for a decade or so now. TerraTekTrails. He has gotten pretty successful with it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Catawba Brewing. I have been with them for 5 years now.
right on. drinking a hopness right now. evening joe's another fave.
I think Andrew Mueller is still riding. Not sure about the other guy. Mike "Moto Mike" Thomas is still riding and has been professionally building trails for a decade or so now. TerraTekTrails. He has gotten pretty successful with it.
Mueller too-Elevated Trail Designs. Pretty successful as well. both doing a lot of work in NC and the mid-Atlantic. Mike up in Wilsons, even!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
sweet! I loved those guys

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
@jstuhlman I didn't think Andrew was part of them anymore. Good to know though. Mike has been doing a lot of the work around Emerald Outback, Hickory Lake Park and Rocky Knob as well. I am super curious to see what he is doing out at Wilson Creek. Saw a teaser photo a while back.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@jstuhlman I didn't think Andrew was part of them anymore. Good to know though. Mike has been doing a lot of the work around Emerald Outback, Hickory Lake Park and Rocky Knob as well. I am super curious to see what he is doing out at Wilson Creek. Saw a teaser photo a while back.
interesting-don't see mueller listed on ETD's page anymore.
Mike's recent work at wilsons was just freshening up 21 jumps and wilson ridge, maintenance on woodruffand working on some less backcountry stuff over by 321. there are plans to re-route the ends of schoolhouse and yancey and even cut a new trail at mark's mountain to connect the top of roseboro to the beginning of yancey. last i rode hickory was last year. it was nice but i know they also just re-did the jumpline.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I would love to see some of that Wilson stuff redone! My first trip on my new bike was out there a couple months ago and damn has it gotten clapped out.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I would love to see some of that Wilson stuff redone! My first trip on my new bike was out there a couple months ago and damn has it gotten clapped out.
:D that's how it's supposed to be!

honestly, i wish they'd invest the time and $ in building more new and connecting what's out there than "improving," etc. that rough, rutted, ledgy crap, like the end of schoolhouse, yancey, beehive, yellowbuck, etc. is what makes me love it! and i've seen good ol mother nature also smooth some places out with a big gully washer or two (parts of raiders, specifically) but i guess that's not the popular consensus. oh well! still my favorite place in this neck of the woods either way!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I agree but there comes a time when some trail work needs to be done I think. I do always enjoy how much rowdier, bigger and more remote it feels out there versus the Ranger district. I like them both for different reasons.