Quantcast

WOW Holy Mother of...

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
SuspectDevice said:
Non, Chris, it IS stupid...

3000 feet of vert, and they spend money on stunts... what a waste.
Yeah real stupid. Its in demand, its making them money, people ride the stuff and people loveit. The competition brings in people and exposure to the sport to NON racers and NON riders. Yeah..really stupid idea...whoaiss me...is there not room on such a big mountain for stunts and traditional riding?

On a note...its 4800 ft. More than enough room and whistler definately has the coin and manpower ;)

Eigil

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
East County
That giant teeter of doom would be more entertaining for me if it wasn't a teeter at all, just an insane gap up and down. I'd probably still not hit it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It was already cut down by last thursday. The original incarnation looked like it would have tipped over. I guess I wasn't the only one to think that since they also piled a bunch of boulders in the base. As soon as they wieght the beginning so that it hangs, it should be fine. It did look pretty doable as far as the size of the totter itself.

Definitely larger quarter pipes in the world being ridden by bikes though.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
SuspectDevice said:
Non, Chris, it IS stupid...

3000 feet of vert, and they spend money on stunts... what a waste.
You don't understand, if you have all the stunt kids riding/watching people ride the stunts, they aren't choking up the trails with dust!!!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Snacks said:
You don't understand, if you have all the stunt kids riding/watching people ride the stunts, they aren't choking up the trails with dust!!!
exactly!

not that I will ever go up there to ride but that attitude is the right way to look at it.

I'll buy a beer for the first guy who backflips onto that contraption.

I've been saying it to myself for awhile now but when kids on big bikes start REALLY riding them instead of just jumping down stairs :rolleyes: , they will be the ones to take stunt riding into the future. kids on bmx bikes have been doing some nutty stuff and going pretty large but I KNOW the big bikes have HUGE potential. and haveing the park/place to ride and push those limits are just what they need.