Quantcast

WOW Holy Mother of...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Shmoe said:
Wow..

That looks alot bigger then 15ft.. That thing is scary.
Meh. My friend Willy has one of them contraptions in his back yard that's at least that big. PLUS it's WAY more rickety and unsafe than that thing will ever DREAM of being! ;)

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
holy phuck. that thing looks HUGE. way more then 15. maybe they are advertising it smaller then it is so people dont get to scared of it or something. ha. yeah im stupid.
thats like the best stunt ive ever seen. id love to make one of those but a bit smaller.
like the teeter only like 5-6 feet off the ground.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Matt D said:
It's definitely more than 15 ft; they forgot to add in the Pinkbike factor.

HAHAHAHAHAHH dood this thing is just flat out unreal, im getting scared looking at it. I need to get to whistler

Tarpon

Monkey
Jun 23, 2004
North Bend, WA
I was wondering what they were building. Last weekend I saw them building it, they only had the kickers at that point and they were doing the dirt work.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
someone is going to get serioulsy fvcked up on that thing.......that's crazy man. I would never have the balls to hit that.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
apparently its being chopped down a few feet; i guess the builders were a bit too overzealous. still should be a comp not to be missed - anyone going to be there? i'll be racing the garbanzo dh earlier that day (top to ephing bottom!!) & i'll try to snap some pics of the comp.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Private Joker said:
I didn't know the circus was in town. I wonder if Whistler will add midgets and ponies next.

Well Robbie Bourdon was there for the opening of Garbanzo...OOOhhhh....BURN.

I plan on going up that weekend just to see the crazyness in person.

Tarpon

Monkey
Jun 23, 2004
North Bend, WA
buildyourown said:
Well Robbie Bourdon was there for the opening of Garbanzo...OOOhhhh....BURN.

I plan on going up that weekend just to see the crazyness in person.

Thanks for that bit of humor, I'll still laughing. :thumb:

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
did anyone see that 12 foot quarter that theyre building? they called it the biggest quarter ever, havent they ever seen the hoffman ramp? it was exactly twice that high, at 24 feet and around 40 feet wide, it was the world's biggest quarter.

Morgan

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Tarpon said:
I was wondering what they were building. Last weekend I saw them building it, they only had the kickers at that point and they were doing the dirt work.
The kickers are for the tires. Thats all new material. There are still 3 more new stunts going in....(I freaking love living here...wohoo)...

And yes...15 ft would be to the apex...not the absolute top...the thing is massive...and skinnier than the boardwalks on smoke and mirrors section1.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Msisle Dad said:
did anyone see that 12 foot quarter that theyre building? they called it the biggest quarter ever, havent they ever seen the hoffman ramp? it was exactly twice that high, at 24 feet and around 40 feet wide, it was the world's biggest quarter.

Morgan
On a trail for a mtb? They might have left out details ;)

And yeah that thing is big too...

BTW guys...that stunt like most of the others going in the boneyard, are rumoured to be pro only. you need a special pass or a pretty face to ride it :)

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I don't even have a comment for that, it's so freakin crazy.

and yeah, someone's gonna get seriously screwed up on that..... I still wanna see someone ride it!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Update....thats its shell. Supposedly it is being reduced by 6 ft. The guess is some dirt around the base to stabalize it...

Gotta love Internet Conjecture :D