Quantcast

Worst bike industry website?

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
They tend to wear aviator glasses and say "brah" a lot. :biggrin:
"Dooood, what about da skineees and da drops dooood?" -Hucker talking about Diablo in reference to someone telling them that Jiminy Peak is a better mountain.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Any bike company that doesn't have true specs and archives for 3-5 model years past on their site has a crappy site. It's really annoying to have to hunt all over the intarwebs/call or email a company to figure out what seatpost size you need.

LISTEN TO ME BIKEY COMPANIES!

damn! right!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
if you are going to repeat a joke, at least wait until there are a ton of posts in between the first time and yours. so that way it at least gives someone a chance to forget that they have already seen it. :clue: :p
damnit. stupid work kept me from the internet all day. i was so excited to post that.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dont hate - i just dont like the layouts - my bro is a web designer - im familiar with a proper site -
Sure, just like my bro performs abortions and knows when a kid like you should have been terminated. :bonk:

edit: Trying to stir up trouble after recently having been banned is not a good way to remain a member, just FYI.

shock

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
This has been an interesting thread. A year or so ago, I asked for input on our "new" site. Many, many people took exception to some aspects of the site, and a few actually liked it.

Now, when it comes to people mentioning the worst, I'm semi-honored to be among those listed, but surprised to see what good company I'm in.

The funniest thing is that some of the sites listed as the worst, were given to me as examples of the best last year. Or at least sites I should emulate.

All of which means of course, that you can't please everyone (especially competing webdesigner guys). But there are certainly some common characteristics among the sites mentioned here. If I ever get around to updating ours, I might even refer to this thread again...

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
Originally Posted by stevop007
dont hate - i just dont like the layouts - my bro is a web designer - im familiar with a proper site -
were familiar with a proper :ban: . were hatin because in 8 post you have nothing worth reading. :bonk:

ohh and shock man dont worry about your site. it might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but i have heard nothing but great things about your products. your site does exactly what it was intended to do: put your product out there, gives specs on the floaters, and gives you prices.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ohh and shock man dont worry about your site. it might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but i have heard nothing but great things about your products. your site does exactly what it was intended to do: put your product out there, gives specs on the floaters, and gives you prices.
I was gonna say, it is ugly as hell, but at least it has all of the pertinent info a customer would want. I'll take that any day over the fancy flash garbage where you have to click and mouseover things 4 times before you get any idea of the product info, and even then the info is severly lacking.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
i cant find **** on idustry nines site. i cant stand it
Are you serious? It's probably one of the simplest sites to navigate. They did a great job of using flash without making it obnoxious. And all the information is readily available.