Quantcast

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Get yourself a 21 month old to chase around while it's hanging up. Man, I'm winded.

This is total BS, why sign up for three years exclusively, get us all excited and then not deliver?

Even the hardened fan can't stand sitting through this crap.

I wass sooo excited about this new coverage, what a bummer.

Hopefully Freecaster can sort the situation out, as this won't attract any new fans to the sport, let alone please the existing hardned fans.

ianl90

Chimp
Nov 25, 2007
after alteast 15 minutes i get it back on for 5 seconds load for 5 than on for 5 again and now im waiting

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
It's just a guess but I'm thinking freecaster is limited by the internet feed they have at these locations and I would n't think that Schladming, Austria would have any blazing fast connections. Just a thought.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I hardly think it's that...I'd say they need to look into Olympics-sized-horsepower for their servers/connection

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
This is better, constant audio feed with video occasionally freezing, best it's been so far by a long way, had about 2 minutes with no stops.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Massive mag DOES seem to be a lot better actually, and still has Warner/Stik commentating, I thought the different sites had different audio streams.

Reluctant to big it up or you'll all kill it... but I like to share ;)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
"5.10s...before then you actually needed skill to ride flat pedals" -rob hahaha
"is that an orange bike... I didn't know those things were still on the track" -stik

:rofl:

Freecaster works!!!!!!!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Right, I've apologised on the air and got a shoutout to the forum, so you can all shove it now :p

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Genuine LOL at rob saying "josh has had no luck this year has he" - team manager replies with "well, he won the worlds..."

:D

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
They only show every forth rider! That sucks!!
Much better to only display the bottom section only, so we can see everyone at the finish, and get everyones time up.

blackspire

Monkey
Jul 19, 2007
It's just a guess but I'm thinking freecaster is limited by the internet feed they have at these locations and I would n't think that Schladming, Austria would have any blazing fast connections. Just a thought.
That seems very unlikely. You don't need a blazing fast connection to stream this a regular DSL connection would be sufficient.

You need to setup your servers right though.

You need something like this:

WC-race feed ---DSL-line---> Freecaster Main Server ---LAN---> Freecaster servers ----High-capacity internet connection---> clients

If they got a connection like this already it's likely either their servers can't handle the load or their "high-capacity internet connection" can't.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Who is that d**k with the voice? Get him out of there.

Keep it classy a la Warner! Watch it...