Quantcast

World’s 2023

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
@Gary you gonna be there in person? you should live stream and commentate for us
Yeah,that would be Sick Gary? Come on,don’t be a Cunt. The World needs this,well at least us Monkeys. You could be the Man with the accent and all. Talkin Shit,the whole 9 yards.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah,that would be Sick Gary? Come on,don’t be a Cunt. The World needs this,well at least us Monkeys. You could be the Man with the accent and all. Talkin Shit,the whole 9 yards.

Avy
And wear a wig with a pony tail,for a mic use a Monkey,and put on a Kilt.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Who is even broadcasting this? I seem to be unable to find anything on either GCN+ and Red Bull. Do I need to subscribe to the Criterion Channel now??

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I've heard Sonia G. Ramos got solidly drunk after she's seen Jackson Goldstone get his first elite win. She was on site and even paid for his own champagne bottle.

Check her leg tattoo, she's a real MTB fan!!
tattoo.jpg

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
We're talking about bikes and racing not maple syrup!! Jeez , damn foreigner...
I think, good sir, that the estemed gentleman was referring to our showing at the foot cycles down the hill race where Canada did quite well. In case you were unaware...

Our placing were as follows.

1688661380783.png

and

1688661390057.png
1688661394380.png

Thank-you.

:D

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I wouldn't want to wake up in 2023 with an Ellsworth Dare/vintage Stinky and train conductor skull tattoo either!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
It's purely the UCI for Worlds, and a shit show.

See page 7 below.

https://assets.ctfassets.net/761l7gh5x5an/6vV7qITbKbQr85FyztcRAt/8fb7b9e632329fdbcfb69e5d5b99725a/2023_CWC_Technical_Guide_MTB_-_ENG.pdf

Looks like FloSports for USA, BBC for Brits, France TV, Eurosport, etc.
A shit show and no GCN... :p
Time to fire up the VPNs!
Lol great. Our public broadcaster or FOX sports. I'm gonna assume FOX is just going to recast the Disco coverage? SBS will usually do their own thing which involves a Russian cycling fan describing the down bicycle extravaganza in a monotone while giving insights such as "man off bicycle seems slower than man on bicycle. Interesting tactic"

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Flosports wants 150 for a season in Canada according to Google.
No idea about monthly. I can not find any pricing info on their site, it just gives you step one of sign-up with no pricing. I assume they want you to jump through hoops before they tell you how much.

Ya, fuck them.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Worlds2023.png

With the exception of Glasgow, Fort William and Peebles the vast majority of Scotland will be world champs cycling free.

you'll be safe in any of those locations if you're trying to avoid me.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
@Gary you're not listening. You're our only chance, We need you to wander up the hill with a GoPro streaming the race live and providing commentary. Honestly sending you a pint per viewer is still cheaper than signing up for pay-per-view, and not only to we get to watch Worlds we get to settle the ages-old question - does Gary sound more like Groundkeeper Willy or Fat Bastard?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
hahah... Neither of them sound Scottish to an actual Scot. Unbelievably, none of us actually sound anything like Mel Gibson either.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
On reaching into a tool chest drawer today and nearly being impailed by a park tool pick I exclaimed " Fuck sake ya wee magnetic stabby bastard!" I don't think that would constitute a coherent sentence anywhere else in the world but all who heard it understood perfectly.
We have a way with words.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Weegies! (Glaswgians). We all understand them. but if you're from Edinburgh you'll tend to pretend you don't. ;)

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
@Gary you're not listening. You're our only chance, We need you to wander up the hill with a GoPro streaming the race live and providing commentary. Honestly sending you a pint per viewer is still cheaper than signing up for pay-per-view, and not only to we get to watch Worlds we get to settle the ages-old question - does Gary sound more like Groundkeeper Willy or Fat Bastard?
Yes Gary,I agree,you must save the Race! As toodles said,we can pay for All of your troubles. That would be sooo kewl. Now,about the Family,should we get a babysitter? Perhaps you have Family that would gladly help you for this epic weekend? Have them there with Help? Whatever it takes Brother. What do you need Gary? Please tell us.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Flosports wants 150 for a season in Canada according to Google.
No idea about monthly. I can not find any pricing info on their site, it just gives you step one of sign-up with no pricing. I assume they want you to jump through hoops before they tell you how much.

Ya, fuck them.
I am showing 38 Dollars a mounf in CA. But as of yet,I have not seen the Race? Still lookin but it is not cheap. A lot of College Sports.

This site is not very good. Mabye cause I don’t have the script? It would not give me any bike? It was not on the List? This does not look good to watch on.

Avy

Last edited: