Quantcast

Winter - I has it!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I didn't do much this year so I decided I wanted to hit the slopes this winter. Bought a board, boots, bindings and an EPIC pass.
I've already booked Keystone DEC 14-19. I'll be hitting Heavenly some time late Jan and not sure which place to go for FEB. Ideas?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
In the seriousness though, Keystone as a mid- to late-December trip could be spotty. The last two years have been utter crap, and Keystone MIGHT have had a couple runs open by then. Keystone typically sees less snow than any other area in Summit County, YMMV. The good news is A Basin, Breck, even Vail and Beaver Creek aren't far away and if you have wheels you can stay in Keystone and go to the other places pending snow conditions. Isn't there a place on the Epic pass near SLC? Oh yeah... Canyons. I've never been. Heard it's kinda "sub par" when compared to other areas in the Little and Big Cottonwood Canyons, but I have no idea.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
yay snow. holler at me when you are thinking of tahoe. i may be able to get ya a hotel discount on the NV side.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
nice. that is one of our properties.
I like it. Affordable clean rooms, food on site. Hard to beat. I have stayed in some of the older style motels on the CA side and I like them too but FREE usually wins out.
I checked out Mont Bleu and they have a 1200sq suite for $300 a night. That one might win this year.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Sorry forgot to follow up. Got in Sat afronoon. Had a sammy and went rigth to the slope after getting here. Nice tune up ride for the new gear. Instant headache sick most of the night but breck bourbon got me through. Chic friend from Golden came down sun and we did a few easy runs. my buddy got in sun as well. thought I was going to hook up wiht him but he wanted a lesson so today ended up being a free day. 20ish runs. Be here through thursday.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
BUmmed I couldn't get up to hang out with ya, got so much going on these days I barely have time to squeeze rides in the a.m. and show up late for work.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
we got SOOOO lucky! Perfect conditions last 4 days. Started getting icy this afronoon, good news is...I"M DONE! I'll do better next time and keep up wiff everyone and see if we can hook for for a ride or beers or something.
Shawn, I'll be in on the 20th be staying at a different place this time. It'd be cool to have a beers or something. Send me a PM or email or something. Will be in Heavenly Jan 25 through the 29th.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Headed to the airport I stopped for breakfast at the Sunshine cafe'. As I'm leaving, I look across the parking lot and see a little outfitter and I decide to stop in because the zipper on my Marker jacket gave out and I have a little time to blow. SCORE - Got a bitchin Mountain Hardwear jacket 50% off! It's a 12/13 but looks exactly like the 13/14 but I could give a ****. $125 is a steal!