Quantcast

wingdings wingdings saturday gmt wingdings wingdings

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In Detroit.

Surprisingly didn't get hassled at the border.

Off to go tailgating and then....something.

I want to go riding.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
stood in the rain for an hour and a half at kid's soccer game. apparently we're going to adopt a cat now? :think:

tomorrow's supposed to be drier. maybe finish painting the house and get in a trail ride.

for now, i think beer is the answer to get me through the rest of the day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy. I cooked an excellent breakfast for the family (uncured bacon done to just the right crispiness, cage free eggs with some apple chicken sausage thing sliced up in there along with cheddar, Valencia orange juice <-- ok, I didn't cook that). What's more, none of that shit came from Whole Foods, either :D , to preempt that carping.

Now Mariko is off to toddler gymnastics with her overscheduling mother, then once they return and the baby gets fed by hook or crook I'm going to drop off the Land Cruiser one last time at the alignment place. I know I said I was done with it--I lied. I decided it was still bugging me that the steering wheel isn't centered immediately post-alignment.

Last thing on the agenda is pumpkin picking or REI dependent on baby's nap length, with the not-done one to get done tomorrow. I'm thinking of snagging some Hoka One One light hikers to use as my daily work footwear, as they look awfully comfortable.

Hmm. Not sure they quite meet the dressiness standard on second look. Then again I do wear my Sidis around most days...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
3:26:04 at the Hartford Marathon. I was hoping for a 3:15, but marathons are fucking hard. This is the first time I haven't set a personal best (out of 7). That couldn't continue forever.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am never going back to Anderson Farms on a weekend. Maybe never again.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm thinking of snagging some Hoka One One light hikers to use as my daily work footwear, as they look awfully comfortable.

Hmm. Not sure they quite meet the dressiness standard on second look. Then again I do wear my Sidis around most days...
I dunno dude, those look kind of like they're on the special ed end of the fashion spectrum. But, don't you work in a dark room anyway ? Who's going to notice your footwear, or any thing below the lab coat for that matter ? Why even bother with pants ?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I dunno dude, those look kind of like they're on the special ed end of the fashion spectrum. But, don't you work in a dark room anyway ? Who's going to notice your footwear, or any thing below the lab coat for that matter ? Why even bother with pants ?
I loathe the white coat. I only wear it for department and committee photos. I must wear non-jeans pants, a button up shirt, and a tie. Gah.
What is Anderson Farms?
Pumpkin picking, pony rides, expensive fair-style food, corn maze, etc. Hot as Hades. Hundreds of families. Not my idea of a good time.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Took my dentists' bike to my dentists' trails above my dentists' suburb town for a bit of asshattery in our dentists-feared rocks.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I loathe the white coat. I only wear it for department and committee photos. I must wear non-jeans pants, a button up shirt, and a tie. Gah.
I wear Birkinstock everyday, they make my feet look short and fat and I don't care. They are great for air travel and provide street cred with lesbians.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Killed my Palliative EMS Skills exams. 6 hours of skills testing with no mistakes and no questioning by the proctors about anything I did. So I am good to go for another two years of having a Calif EMT Lic as soon as I pay my fees to the state. big relief

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
At said Anderson Farms Mariko had her first pony ride:

She loved it. It was the rest of the experience that was so unpleasant. My vote for next year is to do a pony ride in Denver proper, buy some pumpkins from Safeway, and call it a day.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
At said Anderson Farms Mariko had her first pony ride:

She loved it. It was the rest of the experience that was so unpleasant. My vote for next year is to do a pony ride in Denver proper, buy some pumpkins from Safeway, and call it a day.
Cute..... damn good thing you are a Doc because if she becomes horse crazy like my wife it's gonna really cost you

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If she wants her own dancing horse she'll pay for it as an adult.