Quantcast

Windrock this weekend 6/21?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
So it looks like I will only have a "Big Bike" this weekend. Is it time to pop my Windrock Cherry?

Jeff, John, MikeFitz, etc thoughts?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Rob I know we just spoke, and now the more I think about it I am going to end up going to the PEE WEE'S FEST., IN LINCOLNTON, NC its only $5 and there will be a ton of schwag, and alot of riding. No competition this year just a gathering of MTN bikers, tons of jumps, stunts and trails, so come out if ya can!!

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Rob, you do need to break your Windrock cherry, sorry for derailing your thread, but here is the flyer for the the Pee Wee's fest.

Attachments

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
FWIW, a few of us from the Raleigh area are planning to be there on Saturday...We've been there before, but not since the new trails were built.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
There is a new mid-mountain DH start. Just above the old waterfall crossing there is a gravel turn-out on the right side of the road in a big left hand turn. Drop off there and ride up into the woods to the right. There is a post and cable barrier. Hope over and enjoy.

I am heading out there in few to do some tree clearing and a little weed eating.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I'm hoping to be recovered and riding Windrock Sunday morning but not on a DH bike...:brows:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
There is a new mid-mountain DH start. Just above the old waterfall crossing there is a gravel turn-out on the right side of the road in a big left hand turn. Drop off there and ride up into the woods to the right. There is a post and cable barrier. Hope over and enjoy.

I am heading out there in few to do some tree clearing and a little weed eating.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Is there still the old starting place further up as well? I loved the top rocky/steep stuff.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
no that area got closed off for various reasons. The new start keeps you from crossing the road and I haven't met a person yet who hasn't like Starting Sh!t.

Oh course you need to try out the new Windmill trail. Its loooooooooong.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt

You riding there saturday or sunday? I'm feeling real tempted.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I'll be there both days. Switching back and forth between pedal power and throttle power.

True...well I'll think about heading that way. I really should keep it local but I'm trying to ride downhill and that just doesn't seem to be happening around here with nobody else to ride with.

Its only a matter of time before I have a real bad day (or night) if I keep going to wilsons solo to xc.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Spoke and I are going to Chattanooga early Saturday to pick our motos up. We should be back by lunch. I will head out there and we can get in some runs together.

Mulestar, what day?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
We found some brand new 07 CRF150Fs for a ridiculous deal. For trail riding around Windrock we wanted low, light, soft, and something we can swap elbows on.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Spoke and I are going to Chattanooga early Saturday to pick our motos up. We should be back by lunch. I will head out there and we can get in some runs together.

Mulestar, what day?
either...probably sunday if I make it but I can do either one or both.

huckaduck

Chimp
Mar 23, 2008
Scruffy city
looks like i am going to have to dust off the RMX. specially after seeing loos supercross bike, and you guys on crf's, i might actually be able to keep up

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
Planning on coming up Sunday AM. Looks like Saturday may be wet...

Hope to see y'all there!