Quantcast

Windrock pictures from last weekend

Mulder

Chimp
Jan 20, 2004
Michigan
I had a great time last weekend!! Another big thanks goes out to Joey from all the Michigan riders for all his hard work on the trails.They are friggen awesome!!! Southern Rocks was especially great. That trail really tests your ability to hold onto the bars. If you haven't been there already I strongly suggest making a trip there. It does'nt get much better than Windrock, TN.

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
southern rocks was the perfect place to test out our new Hopeys, and man do they work in the rocks "point and shoot" less arm pump better handling all from one simple device, money well spent.

Bill

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
Nice Pics, thanks for posting.

I didn't see any pics from the steeps above the jaw bone, or new trail from the power lines down to the spine trail, you get any shots of riding those trails?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
b stevens said:
southern rocks was the perfect place to test out our new Hopeys, and man do they work in the rocks "point and shoot" less arm pump better handling all from one simple device, money well spent.

Bill
A gym membership, even better money spent. :cool:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
profro said:
A gym membership, even better money spent. :cool:

Uh, even Lance says that Ricky Carmichael is the fitest athelete in the world and he still uses uses a steering damper. It's all about going faster for longer.

Your correct though that being built helps. The thing witht he Hopey is that it helps to reduce the strain on your wrist and lets you have a looser grip. Therefor, arm pump is reduced. I didn't pump up at all over the entire weekend at Windrock. That included several top to bottom non stop runs that included riding southern rocks. That said, I also rode indoor supercross 2 times a week all winter on my 250F.

In conclusion, the Hopey does help to eliminate arm pump and strain on your wrist. If you have ever brokes bones in your wrist or torn ligimants, you will appreciate it.

And yes, I paid for my Hopey. :nuts:

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
whats a gym membership cost for a couple years and whats a hopey cost, that said a gym membership and a hopey would be best. after breaking both wrist twice, then ripping the ligaments in one wrist in two, the hopeys the best part I've put on anything ever, if the bike tracks straight over rocks your going to go faster, or in my case I'm just going to go! :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
man...i guess i can't ride there....i don't have a cool jersey or stealthy goggles :D ;)

is there any riding allowed out there on weekdays? with my rotating shifts, it's easier for me to make the drive on a weekday.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
manimal said:
man...i guess i can't ride there....i don't have a cool jersey or stealthy goggles :D ;)

is there any riding allowed out there on weekdays? with my rotating shifts, it's easier for me to make the drive on a weekday.
I am pretty sure that you can ride there 24/7 unless the trails are closed due to being too wet (winter).

Bring your kid out there, he rips.

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
manimal said:

If you dont have "a cool jersey or stealthy goggles" then NO you cant ride there. Joey has a dress code as well as a eye protection policy. Save up some cash go get you're required "riding apperall" and then you can ride out there.(Joey dosnt care if you wear jeans and a t-shirt. Just as long as you have a fullface and a bike you're welcome there ANY day of the week)
We are ALL from Mich. when we ride or race we just like to look like a team. (It helps come resume time.) Plus you must admit it does look good.
You too can have those "stealthy" goggles www.rockgardn.com (I know you want some)-JM

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
manimal said:

I'll rep the Dickies and flannell next weekend and see what treatment I get :evil: