Quantcast

windrock may 15 and 16

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
No luck finding the ez-up, must have thrown it out after the flood.

Would anyone have a tool to remove internal bottom brackets? I have a chain guide I desperately need put on and no way about doing so.

About the 6.0, my dad had one a few years back. The thing was in Ford's garage more than the road. Had a high pressure oil pump go down while ~5 hours away (at snowshoe) and left us stranded with a 33' toy hauler camper, another time we thought we were going to be stranded in Asheville NC because an injector went down, then the next year the transmission housing busted and traded it in on a GMC sierra, haven't had any problems other than the typical EGR valve.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
About the 6.0,
I have (2) 7.3s with a combined 480k miles. I have been through a few water pumps but other than it, its been smooth sailing. Right now my dad is stranded in Asheville with a 6.4.

I'll be up there early on Saturday to weedeat and clean trees off the windmill trails. Hey Josh, you got a big chainsaw? There are three trees down on Southern rocks that my little saw can't clear.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You know hes talking bout bicycle brakes right?

And every diesel guy knows the 6.0 blows headgasketslike crazy. So what were the people who changed vehicles saying ?
Nope. Thought he was talking about his truck.

As for the swapped out vehicles, it was just nutty. Until dude's hiccuped at WR, my only knowledge of F250s was that Doug's got 20mpg going to Snowshoe. One guy had one for a fence company and it was on it's 3rd rebuild, one had his as just an everyday driver and had $10 into it. The 3rd guy referred to his as a piece of cheet!:D They all just said the Ford dealer is buried in repairs for 03-05 6.0L's.

Knowing that, I'd still kill for a diesel. ;)

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Nope. Thought he was talking about his truck.

As for the swapped out vehicles, it was just nutty. Until dude's hiccuped at WR, my only knowledge of F250s was that Doug's got 20mpg going to Snowshoe. One guy had one for a fence company and it was on it's 3rd rebuild, one had his as just an everyday driver and had $10 into it. The 3rd guy referred to his as a piece of cheet!:D They all just said the Ford dealer is buried in repairs for 03-05 6.0L's.

Knowing that, I'd still kill for a diesel. ;)
Don't be put off by the "hiccup" that day. That was a large load constantly going up the mountain, and we did not really stop and give the truck a moment to cool down. The tranny has 200,000 miles on it and just got over heated. It's also a 7.3 not a 6.0., so if you do decide to buy a Ford diesel don't buy a 6.0 regardless of price (unless its for a buck). 7.3 have a solid rep. and you can't go wrong w/ it.

shakedown

Aug 27, 2007
Atlanta
f'en vagina rock turned my right collar bone into 4 littler bones. fack. but no knives involved in the recovery per the ortho today, so not all too bad. and thanks to keenen, sorry if i jacked the spelling, for getting my bike down. and dealing with my punch drunk ass

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
f'en vagina rock turned my right collar bone into 4 littler bones. fack. but no knives involved in the recovery per the ortho today, so not all too bad. and thanks to keenen, sorry if i jacked the spelling, for getting my bike down. and dealing with my punch drunk ass
I came up behind you right after that happened, sucks to hear but at least you won't be needing surgery. My mother broke her collar bone into 3 pieces 2 years ago and it wouldn't grow back right, they had to screw a plate in to get it to heal, then remove the plate because it kept catching tissue. She still has trouble from her rotater cup though.

Sucks I didn't get to come out Sunday. The battery on Dad's RZR died so he wasn't going to be riding, and I could barely lift a gallon of milk because of wrist... hurt it 20 feet into my first run on Saturday, it didn't really hurt until the next morning.

gobighitmtb

Chimp
Jul 26, 2009
IL
All us Midwestern guys had a great time. We got a lot of good runs in and left for home feeling like we all got into a bar fight w/ a large rock. Glad to hear that the collar bone is going to be OK as well. Some of us will be back up for the fall fest so hope to see yall soon.

Dan

888fall

Chimp
Sep 16, 2009
chicago
All us Midwestern guys had a great time. We got a lot of good runs in and left for home feeling like we all got into a bar fight w/ a large rock. Glad to hear that the collar bone is going to be OK as well. Some of us will be back up for the fall fest so hope to see yall soon.

Dan
true that. the drunken night ride at frozen head on sunday night topped off a good weekend

dsb18292

Chimp
Mar 24, 2009
Sweet stuff OSB ;)

Been wondering about the place. Being down in N.AL. Definitely looks worth a visit.