Quantcast

Will windrock be open christmas break?

256freeride

Chimp
Apr 8, 2009
South
Hey guys ive been planning to go to windrock over christmas break and was wondering if they would be open. I know alot of you guys are up there alot so i figured yall would know

Thanks

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Windrock is open 365 - 24/7.

However it got a bunch of snow over the weekend. So as it melts off its going to add to the already saturated conditions. Its not ideal conditions, but enjoy. I doubt any locals will be riding. We have been busy cutting new trail.

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
Can I get an update on trail conditions locals? A group may be interested in heading down from Columbus next weekend or the weekend after and I'm wondering if I should expect the trails to be frozen or sloppy since I have no idea how windrock's soil drains. Any help appreciated!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Draining isnt the problem right now. Its expected to not get above freezing for the next 8 or so days. So its going to be frozen, but actually it probably better than mud. Combine that with the dry air, it should be ok. It will be cold, but should be ok.

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
Alright, we're gonna figure out if it's gonna be this coming weekend or the weekend after that we're gonna go. I guess my biggest question at this point is if the ground is mostly free of snow. Temps aren't a huge concern, I figure if it's warm enough to ski, it's warm enough to downhill, ya know? Thanks for the quick response though, it's appreciated.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
They are showing more snow expected later this week. While we hardly get snow in the valley, windrock does get some. I'll report back come Friday.

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
Looks like we're moving our trip to next weekend (the 16th-17th). Good thing because it looks like some snow's headed your way thursday and the high there this weekend is in the 20s!