Quantcast

Will "never" browse this board again.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Ridemonkey is now removed from my favorites list.
I inadvertanly clicked on one of the stupid adds they have and recieved a ton of spyware on my computer. My browser was hijacked by websearch and stupid smiley central. :mad: Its a sad day when RM resorts to this. Takes this as you wish. But I will "not" browse this board again.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Hosts File

I downloaded and installed this Hosts file. No more ad banners at all.

Read the Readme file for where to put the hosts file. Rename the one already on your computer something else and then rename the downloaded file(hosts.txt) to hosts.

How it works is that when the browser encounters script for an ad that is listed in the hosts file, the hosts file directs the browser to look on your computer for it and when it doesn't find it, it just skips the script.

If you are using IE, it might slow it down.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Squasher said:
I inadvertanly clicked on one of the stupid adds they have and recieved a ton of spyware on my computer. My browser was hijacked by websearch and stupid smiley central. :mad: Its a sad day when RM resorts to this. Takes this as you wish. But I will "not" browse this board again.
B-O-O H-O-O

The web is full of spyware........RideMonkey did not put the spyware on your computer........you did. Watch where you click next time. RideMonkey can also not be responsible for the content of an ad banner that is being pull out out of a pool of about 100,000 banners by a randomizer. :nuts:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
zod said:
B-O-O H-O-O

The web is full of spyware........RideMonkey did not put the spyware on your computer........you did. Watch where you click next time. RideMonkey can also not be responsible for the content of an ad banner that is being pull out out of a pool of about 100,000 banners by a randomizer. :nuts:
Hey, don't bother us with logic. :p

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Squasher said:

So whatch what you click!!

IMO, RM is the LEAST "Netty" internet site.
Low to no spam, no little kids w/ stupid posts, work safe...