Quantcast

\,,,/Wicked Wednesday GMT\,,,/

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hola. Checkup time with baby, an hour or two of conferences, then off to the courthouse to file my small claims suit.

:thumb:

(1 week until oral boards!)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. This work week is progressing along at an unacceptable rate. It should be Friday by now.

I've got a 8-9 mile run planned after work today.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Mornin! Went for another run last night. I'm ashamed to admit I have been running more recently than I have been riding. I intend to fix that this evening.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Woke up to a "security alert" on several websites I manage. Not a big deal, just installing security patches to make sure everything is a-ok. Heading down to the garage now to disassemble my DH bike and pack it into two large duffle bags... headed to Portland for 4 days of shredding. At least, that's what I think the kids are calling it these days.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Daughter has her first ever band concert today and even has a solo. She decided to do the My Little Ponies "Friendship is Magic" song on the flute. I tried to get her to do some jazz flute, but she wasn't having it.

<edit> My girlfriend has decided to loan me her bike for the summer, too. Yes, it's a girl bike, but it's damn fun to ride and I will tear it down and build it to her liking this winter.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Dear god, getting film developed is crazy difficult these days. Finally got my photos back from my solo camping/backpacking trip.

candy rock.jpg

Candy Rock swimming hole near Avery CA

Moths 2.jpg

Moths 1.jpg

Thousands of purple and grey moths congregating in little groups on the rocks (I suspect they were on drugs).

camp 1.jpg

First night of camping

camp 2.jpg

Second campsite

beach.jpg

I live down by the river :D

I forgot how harsh the lighting up there is. Ended up with tons of pictures with blown out highlights and DARK shadows. Oh well, twas not a photo expedition.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
off to the courthouse to file my small claims suit.
I have now officially filed my first lawsuit. Court date is August 28&#8230; back here in Long Island. I'm quite tempted to fly back out here (I'll be in Seattle by the end of this month, recall) and fight the good fight, as the guy I'm suing is a royal jerk, to say the least.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Same one from the earlier drama. He's decided to not pay me money for June, this last month that I'll be in New York, figuring I won't be able to deal with small claims court from afar.

In return I'm both terminating electrical service immediately after my departure (hell, for all I know from his zero communication he's planning to move out the same day I do) and suing him for breach of contract:

- non-payment x 1 mo
- lack of a lockable door between his illegal downstairs apartment and mine x past 18 months
- lack of use of the washer and dryer located in his apartment x past 6 months, as had originally been the case and was to be the case again after we sold our washer/dryer at his request

Scumbag. Total damages I'm seeking are $4,500 (note that many of these things were for multiple months, thus the high total). I hope he doesn't show and I get a default judgment, as then I'd sic the repo company to take his work van and auction it off to get my money&#8230;

Last edited: