Quantcast

Why is Wolf Laurel cancelled ?

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Because they are redoing the ski lodge. The new hwy supposively brought in a large amount of skiers.

Wolf is cancelled and maybe Windrock. As riders/races lets do something about it. We need to see about having another race. Sugar, Beech, or Sky Valley. I would rather at least try and fail then not trying at all. IMO

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
GiantAC1dh said:
Because they are redoing the ski lodge. The new hwy supposively brought in a large amount of skiers.

Wolf is cancelled and maybe Windrock. As riders/races lets do something about it. We need to see about having another race. Sugar, Beech, or Sky Valley. I would rather at least try and fail then not trying at all. IMO
You tell 'em Charlie.
I will help out at any of those places if they will have a race.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
bigkonarider said:
Just curious...?
:nuts:
I-26 expansion put an interstate exit at their doorstep with a big green interstate sign that said Wolf Laurel Ski Resort ------>

They had in excess of 13,000 more skiers than ever before. They're building an entirely new lodge, a new entrance, expanding parking, building a new lift from the new lodge to the current slope....

...basicly, they're going with what pays the bills. I hate it, it ticks me off...but I can't fault them for it.

I'll do my best to brainstorm something. Somebody talk to Hinton and maybe we can get a race at Sugar, But you guys gotta find money to pay the insurance. If you can get his timing and a sponsor to foot a $1000.00 in insurance coverage....we can work it.

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Did everything fall through with Sky Valley? We can rework the course and reroute some turns and make it a lot of fun. Instead of the long ski slope section we can route it back into the island of trees.

Terry where are you...I know that it is easier said then done but lets try.

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
sky might not be the most challenging coarse around...but it defaintly ranks up thier on the fun factor. decent sized drops with sweet landings, a kickass roller coaster, an uber high speed 2 wheel drifting turn into some doubles that then lead into some sweet burms.

i think if we put some thought into those doubles, buildem bigger, make some landings, and burm that first turn before the burms...it could be some serious fun.

remmember, there is still of promising d/s course up there that seems to be about 75% done.

bikejunke

Chimp
Jan 27, 2003
knoxvegas, tn
Don't count out Wind Rock just yet, we're going to do everything in our powers to make sure it still goes off. The 4x course has been redone top to bottom and shuold make for a great race. I am pretty hopeful that things will still work out allright.

The race has an xc race attached to it that will go off no matter what, so even if the DH race is cancelled the 4X will still go off on schedule. I would really hate to see everyone miss out on the "PILES" of loot I have come up with for the events. Between the two events we have come up with abot 10 grand in prizes.
Special thanks to:
Rock Shox-Boxxer,Psylo
Sram-Drivetrains
Giant-STP complete bike
Planet X-pitbull frame
Thomson-$800 worth of loot
Titec-stems,bars,posts
Nema-lots of gear
e-thirteen-lots of product
MAXXIS-for all of there help!!!!!!

The list goes on and on.
Shawn