Quantcast

Why are the canadians attacking?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
The Canadians have attacked the city of Phoenix today with a frigid air mass. The temp is 30 degrees lower then last week. I wouldn't care except it was 55 degrees with an 18 mph wind when I left work to ride home and all I had was my long sleeve jersey. By the time finished cycling home it was about 45 degrees and winds were gusting into the 30 mph range. Brrr.

R u JOKING , the weather in the san francisco area has been from the low 50's to low 40's during the day, and low 40's to low 30's at night! It took 10 minuts of warming up the engine of my car to start it 2 mornings ago !

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
R u JOKING , the weather in the san francisco area has been from the low 50's to low 40's during the day, and low 40's to low 30's at night! It took 10 minuts of warming up the engine of my car to start it 2 mornings ago !
1 - what kind of piece of sh!t car are you driving?
2 - how do you warm the engine without starting it?

Y'all generally don't have block heaters down there, do you?

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
It was supposed to dip into the 20's in some parts of the bay last night. It was nice in SF but when i got home it was freezing, and i know that is not very cold for some of you polar monkeys but its cold for here. Hooray for my ride tommaro, i dont even have a long sleeve jersey but i did buy some spiffy new fox gloves...they match my bike and that makes me feel special.
JP

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ahh yes, one of those cars made specifically for tropical climates and doesn't start in sub-40 degree weather. I hear a lot of manufacturers are trying to work their way into that market.

I lived in NH for 12 years... did you know they have an extremely limited car market just for that reason? Only Subarus and Toyotas start in the winter, so consequently there's not a single other vehicle on the road from September through May.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
My commute is getting rough. Tuesday night I almost got hit 3 times by people on the phone despite just mounting a Minewt light and a big ass red rear light that both blink like mad.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
My commute is getting rough. Tuesday night I almost got hit 3 times by people on the phone despite just mounting a Minewt light and a big ass red rear light that both blink like mad.
That sucks. Phoenix needs to step up and put in more bike lanes and bike paths like the east valley And drivers need to pat attention to what they are doing instead of their girlfriends breakup story.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
It said 28F on my remote garage thermometer last night. We have one of those atomic-sync clocks that also shows the outside temp from one or more remotes. 28F. In northern California. I wasn't going out there. Fvck that. Apocalypse I tell ya.