Quantcast

who's using 24'' DH wheels? got pics?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
why dont you just go to specialized website and look at the old big hits. ohh wait you want race bike pics with 24's on them. yeh good luck they dont exsist. the mythebusters even busted this one. lol.:rolleyes:

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
wingman24 said:
thank you fellas. BubbaSmith I told you, your the only one, now where is my beer? (just a little wager Between friends)

so we were just part of some bet that you profited from? wheres our share?:p

don't worry, I'll never see the pay off either:angry: but anyway bubba thinks that the fact that he uses 24'' rims and 3.0'' tires and hasn't had a flat in like 3 years (air volume or some Sh@@) is a good excuse for being SLOW!!!!!!!:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: Bubba your the only one, 24's stopped being considered as a viable option like 5 years ago, My Indy9 729's are still for sale, just come over and buy them:p :p :p

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
wingman24 said:
don't worry, I'll never see the pay off either:angry: but anyway bubba thinks that the fact that he uses 24'' rims and 3.0'' tires and hasn't had a flat in like 3 years (air volume or some Sh@@) is a good excuse for being SLOW!!!!!!!:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: Bubba your the only one, 24's stopped being considered as a viable option like 5 years ago, My Indy9 729's are still for sale, just come over and buy them:p :p :p

funny stuff lol:blah:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
i used to Run a 24 on the rear to slacken out My headtube angle some........ Key word Used to.... doesnt roll over fer crap..... Gots a taller fork though so i was able to go back to a 26 .... Way more Manouverability <Spelling>

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Transcend said:
3" tires were never a viable solution, just so you know.
Except for making an amphibious bicycle. 3" tires are useful then because it makes your bike have more horsepower so that you can jump wakes.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Radarr said:
Except for making an amphibious bicycle. 3" tires are useful then because it makes your bike have more horsepower so that you can jump wakes.

I actually laughed out loud at that. I tried one of those amphi bikes ones..had 18" wide paddle tires.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Transcend said:
I actually laughed out loud at that. I tried one of those amphi bikes ones..had 18" wide paddle tires.
But - and I only say this to not derail this thread - were the 18" wide paddle tires mounted to 24" DH wheels?

atb

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
the north shore
your not the only one.

the sad part is the bike got stolen and now i'm riding a dhr with a 26" rear. there are some things that just cant be done with a 26" rear wheel, when you konw how to ride a 24".

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
holly **** i think that is officially the heaviest and most awkward looking gian dh that ive ever seen. are you running 3.0 kujo's on that thing. wow. no comment other than 24's suck and 3.0's have no place on a bike.:rolleyes:

I'm not talking 24'' rear, that works in some cases, I'm talking two huge 24'' arrow DHX rims with some arrow 3.0 tires "stuffed"on there, than two massive tubes, and a rim strip...Bubba you should go tubeless on those things...............your rotational weight is like 27lb, and, NO, I don't care that they spin up real fast, bucause they spin out real fast as well.....Where is my beer??

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay for that you just need to laugh at him and tell him that he needs to stop. tell him you wont ride with him anymore cause hes embarassing you guys with his 12 year old antics (sorry not the best spelling)

atb

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
the north shore
frznnomad said:
holly **** i think that is officially the heaviest and most awkward looking gian dh that ive ever seen. are you running 3.0 kujo's on that thing. wow. no comment other than 24's suck and 3.0's have no place on a bike.:rolleyes:
the front tire is a 26x2.65" and the rear is a 24x2.35". the bike was only 43lbs.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Why use 26 wheels with 2.4 tires when you can just glide down the hill with a 24 by 3.0 setting. Seems logical to me.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I ran 24" wheels for about 2 years and loved them for slow techy stuff. I mostly tried it because my 2000 Big Hit could only fit a 2.3 tire and I wanted to run wider tires. I ran a Gazzo 3.0 in the front and a Gazzo 2.6 in the back, both on Sun Rhino Lites. They were terrible on sweeping corners and anything fast. Then, I went to Maxxis Highroller 24x2.7s and they were way better. I really liked the 24s on the bike for jumping and slow techy stuff. I was riding easier trails at the time and they were not that bad. I then tried Arrow 3.0x24 front and Arrow 2.75x24 rear. This was a sweet combo because the Arrow tires are real tall and measured in at about a 26" The Arrow 3.0x24 is not a 3.0 either. Its more like a 2.7.

Now that I am a way better rider and I ride really rough, rocky, rooty, stuff, the 24s would not cut it. 24s just dont roll through the rough stuff as good as a 26.

What Im trying to get at is; 24s are not really that bad depending on what terrain you are riding. They accerate fast, jump well, and give the bike a smaller feel. They make the bike easier to throw around in the air.

thats kind of the point, bubba is a great rider, and when he barrows a bike he smokes us all, when he goes back to his bike we all wait........................................................forever for him at the bottom, because he "loves his 24's":drool: he's like 6'4 235lb and rides a large Morewood Izumi, with really little wheels, it even looks silly, come on already.:p

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I had a bighit dh and running the 24" rear wheel sucked. When i rode at northstar one day it was horrible my bike was going so slow and would not keep speed.

BubbaSmith

Chimp
Jan 7, 2006
boulder, co
OK OK OK, wingman I will be over tonight, did you say $450, have em ready to go.......jesus, can't you guys just leave someone alone.:mumble:
24'' wheels suck, I got it I understand, just understand if I am using 26'' your going to have to keep up with me:p :p