Quantcast

Who's going to the US Open on Memorial day?

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
I'll be there racin Pro and representing the great white north and Team dropmachine.com/Commencal
I'd love to do some runs other than the race course, so if ya see a crazy canuck following you into the trails say hi

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
Just Registered The kid and Myself. My goal is to qualify for Sunday. Although I'll be plenty tired....gonna commute, about 135 miles each way :mad:
The kids goal is a little better finish than Me. :rolleyes:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I dont think i'm going to be able to make it after all :(

Everyone that was going with me backed out on me, and a 6 and a half hour drive is a long one to make by myself. also, the forecast is for rain all this week through the weekend, and I dont want to drive for so long to go camping in the rain. Call me a pvssy, but thats just not my idea of fun.

Hope the rest of you have a blast, and the weather holds out on you!

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Well, since its supposed to rain all weekend in VT i might have talked my mom into taking me down. Because "its no fun to just ride in the rain, but if theres a purpouse, such as a race it becomes a whole different story." :p

How do i do it :evil:

We will have to see for sure...

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USNJ0531&from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

Looks like Saturday might be alright. Saturday they said it was going to be the same thing, not a drop of rain all day... :)

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
Will you lucky biznitch

Well a couple of posts up i was alll excited about going...i went Opening day first run down got a concussion cant ride until Tuesday next week!!! BUT im still going to the Open im just going to be taking pictures with my new fish eye SO its not a total downfall

when you see the 14 year old kid wearing a red and white fox hat, carrying around a camera, and wearing red black and white Fox 360s so people will at least think im cool..lol just ask and ill do some personal shots

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
mtbpaint1 said:
Will you lucky biznitch

Well a couple of posts up i was alll excited about going...i went Opening day first run down got a concussion cant ride until Tuesday next week!!! BUT im still going to the Open im just going to be taking pictures with my new fish eye SO its not a total downfall

when you see the 14 year old kid wearing a red and white fox hat, carrying around a camera, and wearing red black and white Fox 360s so people will at least think im cool..lol just ask and ill do some personal shots
If my friend Vin from VT cant come, would you and say your Dad or Mom want to share the hotel with my Mom? Since you arent racing its not really worth it for your whole family now... Just checking..

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
BigMike said:
I dont think i'm going to be able to make it after all :(

Everyone that was going with me backed out on me, and a 6 and a half hour drive is a long one to make by myself. also, the forecast is for rain all this week through the weekend, and I dont want to drive for so long to go camping in the rain. Call me a pvssy, but thats just not my idea of fun.

Hope the rest of you have a blast, and the weather holds out on you!

I suggest you drive up and hang with team xxl at the race. And riding in the wet is fun!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
SPUTNECK said:
I'll be there.....with my rain gear I guess....anyone else from the NC crew going up.....Stoney? Bunch?
Yeah, that crew will be there for sure. They ain't gonna miss the race of the year. I will be up there with Chris, Ryan, and Doug, and I think the Morewood crew is heading up too. I am not sure who else.
Last year I was only one from the Carolinas there period. :)

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I'll be there.....will be my first race there since the Kamikaze series in 2000.

Side note - The white buildings they have there were put up when the whole place burnt to the ground in 99. The first race they ever had there (or mtb of any kind) was in like October 1999. We had practice on Saturday and showed up Sunday for the race and the place was burnt to the ground.....race cancelled...!

This weekend, my goal is to qualify.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Cant Climb said:
I'll be there.....will be my first race there since the Kamikaze series in 2000.
Hey There! Hopefully I'll see you. Look for a guy riding an old Lawwill (no, not yours... ;) ) or an orange Chameleon.

Juanjo

Chimp
May 15, 2004
NJ/NY USA
I'll be there sunday...

I rode last sunday in the rain an was so much fun that if it rains again fuxk it...

Green Devinci w/black White Bros.

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
to Will

my sisters not going but my mom and dad are, i dont think we'd be able to share the room................we're also going up Saturday morning now not Friday night

This Sucks so much I WANT TO RIDE

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hey is there some way we can arrange a meet somewhere on Sunday?

I'll make sure my Ridemonkey shirt is clean.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
SPUTNECK said:
I'll be there.....with my rain gear I guess....anyone else from the NC crew going up.....Stoney? Bunch?
Stoney and Bunch are leaving Snowshoe about noon tommorrow and picking BUCKET and myself up on the way. See ya there.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Jizake= My mom decided she just wanted to go to VT. So i will not really complain because im racing everyother weekend... Cant you ride sunday? Considerign that is a week?

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Fo Shizzle ! I'm in. Had a clean run there last weekend in the rain , not particularly fast, but clean.
See ya'll on the mt.

Hey Can't Climb(Tom). Interesting little piece of trivia there bro.

Word from there last weekend is that the mid section of the course( rock gardens) will be differant than last year.The start and the burms will be the same.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The weather is awesome here right now, not a cloud in the sky. The weather report is still iffy for the weekend!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I'll be there on a whirlwind tour - arriving by plane Saturday morning and flying out Sunday morning. Racing's a no-go, but I threw my bike and gear in the e13 Bang Bus, so I'll be able to take some runs with you suckas. Would love to stay longer, but the rest of the office bailed on me and I'm the only one left to cover the phones/Emails/shipments for yesterday and today!

The weather report's improving dramatically, so I'm looking forward to a great weekend!

--JP