Quantcast

whoa, ebay!

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
bizutch said:
ummmm...7 speed + Grip Shift 9.0 = NO!

Umm...maybe it has a 9speed cassette and a 9 speed shifter with a 7speed era derailleur? If the chains fits in the cage and the cable pull ratios are the same, this will work just fine. The shifter and cassette dictate the speeds, not the derailleur.

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
SebringMGB said:
oh man.... i wanted that bike BAD. not as bad as the fulcrum, but damn, what a nice picture it would make, as sgd said
you and me both buddy, i wanted that fulcrum so bad.

~SGD

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
is that like some special DH lefty or something. or were they just alot beefier back then. the ones nowadays look puny compared to that thing. atleast it looks like that from the pictures i have seen.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
DHracer1067 said:
is that like some special DH lefty or something. or were they just alot beefier back then. the ones nowadays look puny compared to that thing. atleast it looks like that from the pictures i have seen.
if you look at all the pics its not a leftie. :rolleyes:

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
scofflaw23 said:
Umm...maybe it has a 9speed cassette and a 9 speed shifter with a 7speed era derailleur? If the chains fits in the cage and the cable pull ratios are the same, this will work just fine. The shifter and cassette dictate the speeds, not the derailleur.
It's proberly like it says, a 7 speed cassette and mech and a sram 9.0 shifter.
If you use the 8speed version of the shifter you just have an extra unused click on the shifter.