Quantcast

Who runs a RIGID FORK.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I run a rigid fork on my Karate Monkey. I love it.

As far as terrain goes. I've ridden pretty much everything in California on it; super loamy and grippy norcal stuff, High Sierra granite, rocky/rooty and wet northwest trails, dusty/rocky and high speed SoCal stuff, super buffed singletrack, etc.

I run a 2.1" tire and it works ok. It is a bit stiff, but I like it. Very easy to climb on, less weight than a suspension fork, and inexpensive. Plus when you go and get on a DH bike you will FLY!

The Ito

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Yep, i agree with the getting on the DH bike part you go faster. I have been a off & on RIGID user for many years.. It's fun.

Might go with a 2.6" Gazzi Jr. tire for experimental ride if it fit's ?. Running a 2.3" TIOGA DH now.

I also found i get no pinch flats rigid because the reason might be the 4" fork let's you go faster ? OR maybe it's i'm not picking as great as line !hmm

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
bigdrop05 said:
Another rigid fork thread !

Who is using them & what kind of terrain ?
I've been running the steel fork that came w/ my Bianchi since day one, on all sorts of terrain, and I love it! I've been considering upgrading to a Pace carbon fork. . .but it would clash with the pink so bad, I dunno lol.

A

ACDC

Where can i buy a taller rigid fork.Suspension corrected ?& with disk mounts.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
ACDC said:
Where can i buy a taller rigid fork.Suspension corrected ?& with disk mounts.
How big are you looking for? Surly Instigator is 447 mm axle to crown, corrected for 100mm suspension. Surly forks are notoriously stiff though.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I was thinking an Instigator fork as well.

I just put a Karate Monkey fork on my bike - so now it's geared and rigid.........moving towards SS and rigid.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
bigdrop05 said:
Another rigid fork thread !

Who is using them & what kind of terrain ?
I use a Dimension disk fork corrected to 80 mm. I ride in Oregon where it is rocky, rooty, smooth, fast, slow (muddy sometimes), etc. I am a fan of the simplicty. I also run a myriad of tires from 2.1 to 2.4, depending on terrain and time of year. I really like the Panaracer Fire 2.4 FR for most anything. It measures 2.55 across the widest part of the lugs. It is very plush. For me this set up is really nice, simple drivetrain and simple fork. Very little to go wrong in all conditions.