Quantcast

who do you think is the best in the world?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
shagwell said:
the guy was a legend, and now he`s killing it in the wrc. respect.

legend yes. in wrc he has crashed out of his ownly start and caused a stage halt!

not exaclty "killing it" :rolleyes:

Yanick

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Laval, Qc.
I have to say Gracia! His ranking in DH & 4X year after year plus his participation and win to RedBull and similar event make him my best rider.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
kail said:
If that doesn't convince you, watch his section in New World Disorder II, he's like a robot programmed to beat humans.QUOTE]

There is a reason we always used to call vouilloz "the alien". He isn't a robot, he is simply not from around here.

Also, Cedric is probably the best all round rider this planet has ever seen. Watching him just screw around on his bike this weekend was eye opening...then he actually went and rode the course (i stayed behind him for about 4 feet!) and it just makes your jaw drop.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
VOULLioz...or however you spell it. He is and was the best and will be. The last year at Deer Valley, when he was running his own company...he showed up and registered for the dual slalom.

He didn't have a slalom bike, so he raced his full on DH bike for kicks. He qualified awesome and made it to the round of 8.

LOPES BARELY bumped him out by .4 seconds!!! LOPES.....now that is INHUMAN!
To see hin come down a slalom course on his DH bike was like watching mercury flow through a tube of glass. Just fluid, silent, effortless. LOPES had to pump and crank the whole course and Voulliouz looked like he was in slow motion. It was incredible.

It was honestly hard to get your mind to grasp what he was doing.

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
bcd said:
legend yes. in wrc he has crashed out of his ownly start and caused a stage halt!

not exaclty "killing it" :rolleyes:
ok, to me, getting a factory drive after a year or so in the sport is killing it, some guys work their way up through motrsport their whole lives and dont come close to the position that nico is in after a year. and yea he may have crashed out of the WRC but hes already got french rally wins under his belt and before he crashed out wasnt he pretty much up near the top ten? in a sport as competitive as wrc thats bloody amazing, wrc is the hardest most competetive competion in world rally and nico has proved that he is pretty much up there already. i`m impressed even if u arent.

the only other person that comes to mind who can compete at the highest level in the different sports is palmer... nuff said.

but getting back to the topic, the best rider in the world could also just be the guy who has the biggest grin when he`s out riding his bike down the local woods, ive got more respect for that guy than some wannabe factory racer who thinks he`s gods gift cos he can ride a bicycle pretty fast down big hill..
but then thats the cool thing about all these guys everyones talking about, there all good cos they love riding, whether u like nicos style, or peat or gracia or whatever theyre all superstars yea but at the same time theyre just like u and me, they just like riding bikes and having fun and thats why our sports so cool..