Quantcast

White River/Palisades Campout, Ride, & Trail Work Weekend Extravaganza!

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
White River/Palisades Campout, Ride, & Trail Work Weekend Extravagana!​

Holy smokes, folks (yes, I intended that to rhyme). Saturday the 26th of August is going to be off the hook as we (the BBTC) offer you (our dear friends, the mountain bike community… you really are quite a stunning bunch) the opportunity to eat and drink and ride (not necessarily in that order)… and do a little “love givin’” to the trails out at the White River area. The soirée will go a little something like this:

Saturday: Fix up some trails while frolicking in the sun… kind of like ewoks but without bombs from the dark side.
Saturday night: BBQ, brews, and campout at Ranger Creek airstrip (who’s ever slept on an airstrip?)
Sunday: Ride (Dalles Ridge/Ranger Creek) …with shuttle arranged for those who like to save their energy for the downhill.

That's right folks: for Sunday's ride, we'll arrange a shuttle truck, we'll rent one if we have to, as a cushy reward for those attending the work party on Saturday. Sunday's ride routes and leaders will be arranged to fit the size of the group. Sign up for the ride at: http://bbtc.org/recreation/calendar.php?event_id=4589

No trail work experience is necessary. If you're hesitant about the physical exertion, we'll need a few volunteers for logistics as well--just drop us an email. Exact work party location is TBD (we're checking with the USFS rangers) but will be on one of the popular trails in the SR-410 area.

We'll send out an email on what to expect & what to bring in the preceding week. If you have any questions, please feel free to email them to trailteam@bbtc.org.

Cheers,

Jon Kennedy | Volunteer Director
Backcountry Bicycle Trails Club

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Here's a chance for all you guys who always say, oh wow that trail looks fun, i gotta do some XC, to put your money where you mouth is.:)

Work on Saturday, with so many people it won't be that bad, with BBQ afterwards... mmmm.

Plus i'm leading a ride on Sunday, and if we can't find someone to run the shuttle i'll personally haul all your asses up to the top so you can enjoy the Greenwater goodness.

Should be good times come on out.:)

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
:help: Work Party Update::help:

We've recently got Black Diamond Bikes to provide beer for the work party.

This is going to be a fun filled weekend for all who attend and we are encouraging non-BBTC members to join us as well.

If you are not a BBTC member and would like to participate, contact Jon Kennedy at jon@bbtc.org or call (206) 524-2900.

This is going to be a hoot. We look forward to seeing you there!