Quantcast

White Brothers Dual Crown fork pic request

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hey all you WB owners - could you do me a favor if you have a digi cam - or perhaps you can just explain to me what I'm missing.

I am running a 2002 WB DH2 fork on my cheeta that I got via a trade with a rider in Colorado - I'm really enjoying the fork - but it came to me without stanchion guards.

I ordered some new guards direct from White Brothers, but I think they left out some parts. I think I need a separate part for each stanchion to screw the guards to - am I correct?

Some close-up pics of how the guards are supposed to be installed would rock.

Thanks in advance for any help you Monkeys can provide.

Mark

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
the dropouts on the newer forks are tapped for guard mounting screws; you just bolt them on. my old dh2 had these mouting holes. i think some of the older units might have come without guards & mounting holes so needed aluminum widgets that clamped to the stantions to mount them. actually... checking the wb site - looks like you can still buy guards with mounting hardware for the earlier forks.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
xy9ine said:
the dropouts on the newer forks are tapped for guard mounting screws; you just bolt them on. my old dh2 had these mouting holes. i think some of the older units might have come without guards & mounting holes so needed aluminum widgets that clamped to the stantions to mount them. actually... checking the wb site - looks like you can still buy guards with mounting hardware for the earlier forks.
I told them the model year - maybe I'm just missing seeing where the dropouts are tapped for the screws.

It seems to me like I need those widgets that clamp to the stanchions - but maybe I'm an asshat and I'm missing seeing where the taps are located.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
sounds like your 2002 isnt quite 2002

it should have holes in the dropouts for the stone guard screws.

if it doesnt then its an older model lower leg/dropout.

what color is it?
02 dh2`s are red with silver crowns and dark ano lowers.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
vitox said:
sounds like your 2002 isnt quite 2002

it should have holes in the dropouts for the stone guard screws.

if it doesnt then its an older model lower leg/dropout.

what color is it?
02 dh2`s are red with silver crowns and dark ano lowers.
Mine is the red with silver crowns. Definitely a 2002. Maybe I just need to look at the fork closer!

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
the dh2.0 kicks ass. lighter, stiffer & more travel than a shiver. cheaper than a dorado. performs amazingly. very reliable - i ran a full season without requiring any maintenance; well into my second season & all i've had to do is clean & lube it - once. product support (warranty, factory service, etc) is great. fantastic fork.