Quantcast

White Brother DH forks

mikedee69

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Van City
Does anyone know anything about the late model White Brothers DH forks? Considering one, just trying to get some more info. Last thing I heard was that they were very maintenance intensive.

Cheers

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
mikedee69 said:
Does anyone know anything about the late model White Brothers DH forks? Considering one, just trying to get some more info. Last thing I heard was that they were very maintenance intensive.

Cheers
Nope. Just my earlier model one that got late model upgrades. Every other one in existence is set and forget, just like the older ones.

the webbster

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
Trondheim, Norway
Have to put my 2 (shlt, I've got no 'cents' key on this damn european keyboard!) pennies worth in here. I got mine back from an upgrade a few months ago and it's been awesome (see upcoming thread). No maintenance so far and amazing sensitivity on the adjusters.

great service from the 'Brothers too, they turned mine around within the day!

Drop in for sure. get the 2.0 with 180mm travel kit.

jw

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
i would not consider them maintenance intensive at all

actually, they tend to work with several times less man-hours than their closest competitor which i think is the dorado. actually its the most rugged cartridge fork ive used.

you will need to clean and change the oil a couple of times per season, you might also want to change bushings and seals/wipers once a season, the rebuild kit is 30usd or thereabouts and changing the bushings is really easy.