Quantcast

Whistler: Westin, Pan, Delta, Crystal . . .

FlynHawaiian

Chimp
Jul 7, 2003
Hiya Fellow Primates-

Sometime this summer, the missus and I are going up to Whistler for some R&R and D&H'ing.

I've read in past posts that those hotels (which kinda falls within my fundage rage: valley view studio) that I mentioned earlier were places to consider while staying in bike mecca.

But how bike friendly are they? I want stay at a place where I can take the bikes up to our room (and lock them to our bed or sumtin) and not no bike storage/locker. I don't wanna hear "I'm sorry, we had a brake in and . . ." from a hotel employee.

I'm looking for something within the village and hopefully close to the lift.

I'm trying to narrow it down, so, suggestions anyone, and why?

Thanks and Aloha,
Flyin Hawaiian

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
I stayed at the pan pacific which is RIGHT next to the lift. They are very bike unfriendly and they will NOT let you bring your bike up to your room at all. I tried many times, during all times of the day and even if it's clean, they still will not let you. You have to use the bike/ski storage where it's locked.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I think a lot of places are reticent to letting you take bikes to rooms.

However.... my buddy has a 1/4 share in a place at Legends in Creekside and we've always taken our bikes and locked them on his balcony. Not been an issue so far.

Try calling the Whistler reservation line and asking them what'll work well for you. Alternatively try booking a house/appartment for your stay there rather than a hotel?

Looky here:
<http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/accommodation/index.htm>
<http://www.resortac.com/>

Just search on google, there's a load of places. Rates are cheaper for the summer too.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
The Delta will not let you bring your bike up (which it quite understandable as far as I'm concerened. They do howwever keep them in a room behind the front desk, so there is a person guarding it 24 hours a day.

The Listel has locked "ski room" in their parking garage. You have to call someone to let you in. And the guy who unlocks it, stands there and waits for you to grab your bike, then he locks it again. I just lock my bike to one of the racks in the room.

I've never had a problem at either place.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
MMike said:
The Delta will not let you bring your bike up (which it quite understandable as far as I'm concerened. They do howwever keep them in a room behind the front desk, so there is a person guarding it 24 hours a day.
isn't that where we stayed when we went?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
The Westin will not allow you to bring your bikes in. However there are ways to not be seen by the front desk area and you could sneak them up pretty easily, especially if in the east tower.

The westin now has a decent bike lockup area that is well secured, so even that is fine. If you do get a room in the east tower you might even have a room where you could go right behind the glc drops and bike right into your room :)

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
It is true that a lot of hotels have a room where a porter comes down and will let you in and then watch as you carefully lock or unlock your bike. I've done that a few times and it's not been a hassle or a problem.

The hotels up there are getting pretty clued up on the bike thing now. Give them time.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Eh bruddah,
I've stayed at the Westin and you can't take your bike in the room. They do have a bike valet thing going on. You give the valet your bike and he gives you a claim ticket, then takes your bike in a locker. If you want your bike you need the claim ticket or no bikey.

The Pan isn't so sophisticated. You do give your bike to the valet and they stick it in a room were the employee lockers are.

Aloha dude and Mahalo.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
check this place out, they are in the village and "bike in the room friendly". The rooms are sweet and pretty cheap. Hopefully they have something for the time you will be there!

Whistler Premier & The NEW Blackcomb Lodge
Toll Free: 888-621-1177; Direct: 604-935-5705
Fax: 604-935-1178 Cell: 604-935-2630
http://www.whistlerpremier.com

They own many rental properties but you will want either their "Northstar" or "Lagoons" complexes both are at "Stoney Creek" from my understanding...

-Good Luck!