Quantcast

Whistler going to be busy this 3 day weekend?

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Heading up there for the first time this Labor day weekend, and was wondering what the crowds will be like on this U.S. holliday weekend?

Anyone else going/riding this weekend that wants to show someone from Hawaii how to rip?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Heading up there for the first time this Labor day weekend, and was wondering what the crowds will be like on this U.S. holliday weekend?

Anyone else going/riding this weekend that wants to show someone from Hawaii how to rip?
Eh...weekends are pretty busy as-is if it's nice out...everyone from Van and surrounding areas make day-trips up. There might be a few more peeps from the states up there for the long weekend...But by Monday a lot of people are tired and the lines are non-existent. Besides, waiting 12 minutes to hop a lift up gives you time to rest...

You should be fine.

Wish I had planned better and been able to go up this weekend...stupid house projects and what-not....

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
it's not just a US holiday weekend..........and whether or not it's busy....depends on whether it pisses rain again like every other weekend this 'summer'....

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
it rained when I was up there 2 weeks ago...but it was nice, because the lines were like 10 or less people, and coming from washington...the rain wasnt a big deal, just made the hard trails a little harder, and you had to take some skinnies and rock faces slower.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
If it pisses rain the whole time im there.......i think i'll cry! Ive been waiting to make this trip for the past 7 years. Please be nice and sunny, i promise i'll be a better person.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
If its nice a sunny...lines will be long, and you'll get alot of dust. Its better if its a little drizzly in the morning and then clears up...that way people dont come for day trips, and the grounds tacky.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Forcast calls for scattered showers this weekend. What does that mean in Whistler? Rain on the Mountain, or just the drizzle fo shizzle in the surrounding areas?

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Just go and have fun. It rained this past Saturday in the morning, then cleared up and the trails were perfect...then it poured again at night.

Scattered showers can mean anything up here - it can drizzle the whole day or pour for 10 minutes and then be sunny.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
yea whistler shouldnt bee too crowded that weekend, i went that weekend, last weekend its open till 8 and from 12pm on, you could ride your bike onto the lift! well at least until you have to put your bike on the rack. .

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
just a little update on this one saturday it was PACKED atmosphere was great...today was rainy as hell...fun as hell to...

we rode the upper part trails like goats gully. gnar.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
haha oh man...goats gully, that thing was crazy gnar when I road it for the first time (first time in whistler) a few weeks ago with some buds.

And we did it when it was raining...yikes.

Killingtonvt

Monkey
Sep 19, 2005
Bellingham, WA
We were here this week as well. Saturday's conditions were incredible. Nice and tacky!! Lift lines weren't too bad. We decided to skip the rain today and pack it up early. Back home to the east coast tomorrow. After riding here for a week, It'll be fun to get back to Highland next weekend.

Here's a few pics from our trip. I'm on the Lucky and my bro Chris is on the F1.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
We were here this week as well. Saturday's conditions were incredible. Nice and tacky!! Lift lines weren't too bad. We decided to skip the rain today and pack it up early. Back home to the east coast tomorrow. After riding here for a week, It'll be fun to get back to Highland next weekend.

Here's a few pics from our trip. I'm on the Lucky and my bro Chris is on the F1.
I saw you guys in the lift line we were comenting on your bikes...My I was on a green bottlerocket with bright green cables, and my buddy matt was on a blue Kona cowan fully...