Quantcast

Whistler closing weekend: roll call

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Any monkeys want to take a few last weekend runs before the park closes?

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
^really?! you must have liked the people you went to school with tho..

my 10 year is coming up in a few years.. and no doubt about it, i will not be going.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
FYI...

Not that it matters, but Dwayne Johnson & Fade to Black are both closed for the season. (In case anybody wanted to knock either or both off their hit-list for 2013...)
Garbanzo is open during the weekends, but you have to ride a 1/4-mile of snow before getting to where Freight Train, Blue Velvet, and Upper OG Sin meet up.

Crabapple is still open and running super buttery right meow.

Last edited:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
my 10 year is coming up in a few years.. and no doubt about it, i will not be going.
10th is def one to miss. Best wait until at least the 30th. I went in hopes that some true friends might actually come to this one - - but most blew it off like I should have haha.

But, ya, ours was a pretty chill school. Let me organize a motocross team for Washington's first-ever High School MX back in the '70s.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
If I had a shoulder that worked, I'd be there.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Trail rides for me. And not this weekend, because the mrs works nights all weekend, so I'm hanging out with the kid.

So, not me.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If I had a shoulder that worked, I'd be there.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Trail rides for me. And not this weekend, because the mrs works nights all weekend, so I'm hanging out with the kid.

So, not me.
Sad panda.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Planning on being up Monday. I may come up tomorrow depending on if I fix/decide to ride on my shot rear hub bearings in time.

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
I'd say 1/4 mile of snow is a bit of an exaggeration. Way less snow in the alpine, rain and warmer weather are putting an end to it. Supposedly it will hit 10* at roundhouse elevation today.

Park is riding sweet right now. Fade to black got reopened on Thursday, might be closed again now as I didn't ride it on Friday. Super smooth right now, awesome fall conditions but definitely at least two tshirt weather in the shade!

Can't ride today or tomorrow as I need to open lifts for you guys, shuttle season for me now!