Quantcast

Whistla July 12-20, Anyone going?

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
I'll be there during those days and I'm hoping to get a chance to meet some new people. If you are there during any of those days, let's meet up and ride!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
chris, i should be up there that whole period with punkassean and his crew. :thumb:

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I'll be there with a bunch of other Virginia/DC :monkey:s during that same period - DBR (formerly sub6), Mobius, SDH, Kirstin, SarahMaria, AC Rider 1.

Any suggestions for a RM rally point for that week?

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Hey Chris;

I'll be rolling in for the Kona launch on the 14th and 15th. Let's get together to shred some Dirt Merchant runs!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
12th I'm out of there too. Just packed the bike today in my new CrateWorks box as recommended by BostonBullit.

If anybody is there from Thursdag to Sunday and see a matt black Orange 222, Shiver up front and orange Hayes callibers - say hello.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Toshi, are you bringing a nice still camera? That would be rad!

Yeti, I will be there all of those days, although I have met you briefly once in SB years ago, I am down to go out and ride!

Yeti DHer

Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
T-Pirate said:
Ok, with you AND Chris up there, I expect some badass pictures upon your return.

hahaha... I'm not taking ANY riding photos while on the mountain. No video this year either. I'm just going to riiiiide. I can't wait!

But I will take some DJ/Skatepark stuff... maybe... :think:

Yeti DHer

Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
mental said:
Hey Chris;

I'll be rolling in for the Kona launch on the 14th and 15th. Let's get together to shred some Dirt Merchant runs!

Mental... For sure! Will you be on a sinister? If I don't see you, you can't miss me... So yell! :blah:

Yeti DHer

Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Toshi said:
chris, i should be up there that whole period with punkassean and his crew. :thumb:

Awesome... I'll see you and sean for sure. I know what you look like and you know what I look like, so if you see me, say hi...

Chris

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeti DHer said:
hahaha... I'm not taking ANY riding photos while on the mountain.
i think i'll dedicate one day to photos, and just ride the lift up and hike down. the rest of the time it's all riding for me, too -- i've been pushing myself enough this year that the risk to the camera/lenses is too great.

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
So I just noticed this weekend that someone in the marketing department wised up and started plastering Whistler logos in places you're likely to take a picture. In the past couple of weeks they have put a flag up next to the GLC drop that says Whistler and will make it into about 6000 pictures a day as well as spraypainting the Whistler logo on the Schleyer ladder drop so it will end up in every picture people take of their buddies riding off of it.

Smart.

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
im in whistler at the moment , heading back home on the 12th tho,

if you see a blue avy'ed up tomac say hello!

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Yeti DHer said:
Mental... For sure! Will you be on a sinister? If I don't see you, you can't miss me... So yell! :blah:
You got it Chris, I'll be the guy that looks like my avatar! Probably rocking either a Kona or my KeeWee singlespeed hardtail.

Not riding the Sinister/Team Pinkbike race gig this year, just wanted to ride my bike and enjoy the summer without any pressure. I'm riding better than I have in years thanks to that!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Toshi,
I have this military ammo can I insulated with thick foam. I use it for my GL-1 when we shoot POV footage. I'm sure that your body and one lens will fit in it. I use a Camelback transalp and the ammo can fits perfect, I hardly notice it's there. I plan to bring both my GL-1 w/ helmet cam and the whole setup. I would be stoked if we could shoot more than one day, I only shot a handful of pics last year and I always wish I had more...I am getting really stoked man, only a few more days!!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
huh, cool. :thumb: i use a transalp as well... hmm. reply to my pm btw!

DrewS

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Bellingham, WA
I'll probably be up there from the 16th through the 18th and I'll try to get SamB to go up too.

Hey Joel! What about Sunday and Monday? hmmmm?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Toshi said:
huh, cool. :thumb: i use a transalp as well... hmm. reply to my pm btw!
Toshi, I replied to your PM yesterday morning but nothing is in my sent folder! That sucks, I wrote a loooong reply with a lot info! I will work on re-writibng it for you ASAP. In the meantime, PM me your full address so I can mapquest it and figure out exact mileage...