Quantcast

Which would you get?

sophsoph

Chimp
Jun 4, 2010
South UK
Hi everyone! I'm fairly new here but wanted to ask your opinions!

I've been getting into biking a lot lately and want to subscibe to a magazine or two and wanted to find out which would be best for downhill and freeride in your opinion?

Thanks! :D

murphy

Chimp
Jun 8, 2010
Planet earth
p.s.

Sophsoph, check this out if you're amped for a great free mag!

IMB Magazine: http://www.imbikemag.com/issue5

Been reading it since like.. issue 3 maybe? Really like it once I got used to it being digital. Has good features too and some gear coverage that's helpful etc etc :)

Best bit = embedded videos! check out page 31 (i think) for an example.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
MBUK is more like a free broshure than a real mag. It looks nice but its a very armchair magazine imo. Dirt rocks. Ive been a subscriber for 2 years now and when it ends I plan to go into the 3rd year. Only mag I like thats written in understandable language (I understand 50% german but its a PITA to read).

Ive also heard that decline is nice though Ive never tried.

btw. as for free online mags - wideopenmag is hard to beat.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
dirt is probably the best you can get, but I stopped reading mags and just read stuff on the tubez now instead. cheaper and you get the same BS, just consolidated.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
This is awesome to see, get dirt and decline magazine. If we stop buying their mags it will hurt the industry weather you think so or not. $$$$$$$$

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
sorry dude! i don't do it to hurt people. Maybe if we had a decent magazine in the US it wouldn't be so bad. I'm not paying 8$ an issue for dirt and I don't want to buy decline which is 90% photos and dirt jumping. The other option is MBA and that's terrible. I'd get better advice at walmart.

Hell, I must be the worst person in the world in your eyes, I buy most of my stuff used, too! I can't afford diddly at MSRP.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Seriously dirt has more and other content than you can find on the web. Its worth it. Im pretty sure you earn more money ;)

bohorec

Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Magazine? Why would you need that for? Ridemonkey has all the datas you need.

For relevant mtb related knowledge just ride your bike haha.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
sorry dude! i don't do it to hurt people. Maybe if we had a decent magazine in the US it wouldn't be so bad. I'm not paying 8$ an issue for dirt and I don't want to buy decline which is 90% photos and dirt jumping. The other option is MBA and that's terrible. I'd get better advice at walmart.

Hell, I must be the worst person in the world in your eyes, I buy most of my stuff used, too! I can't afford diddly at MSRP.
by no means i was calling you out at all so dont take it like i did. Im just saying we still need to buy some mags and subscribe once in a while ya know? :thumb:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Magazine? Why would you need that for? Ridemonkey has all the datas you need.

For relevant mtb related knowledge just ride your bike haha.
Some people just like to read and the forums are hardly a good read.

murphy

Chimp
Jun 8, 2010
Planet earth
dirt FTMFW! best mag, no doubt.
Having read it over the weekend at a mate's i'd have to agree!!

But as i said earlier in the post i'm a big fan of..

IMB Magazine

it has quite a small team i think and you can get a lot of interaction going on their site comments and facebook etc which i personally quite like!

for that reason and its lack of cost is why its usually my number one choice. Looks like Dirt is going to be my new favourite monthly print mag thou! :weee:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I've been lambasted on here before for saying it but Decline never has much to offer by way of content and this coming from someone stoked on all things 'merica, but Dirt simply blows any other mag away. I used to buy Decline and Dirt pretty regularly (I always bought them rather than purchasing them as I like to pick and choose which ones I want and the post man always seems to mangle them) but now I only buy Dirt as others have said everything else is pretty much available online anyhow.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Dirt has an iPhone app and I get the full Dirt mag on my phone. The reader is pretty slick. But Dirt all the way. I gave up on US based mags long ago.