Quantcast

Which rear shock?

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I have a single pivot bike, with adjustable 7.7 to 9 inches of travel. I have a 2008 dhx 5.0 coil, but want an air shock (for weight and tunability issues.

I was originally set on a 2008 dhx 5.0 air, but now am thinking 2008 manitou evolver isx 6. They seem to have gotten the best reviews for an air shock. I dont want the rocco wc air b/c there is no low speed adjustment or platform adjustment. I will use this bike from anything ranging from aggressive trail to drops to full on dh....

The front fork is a marzocchi 2008 888 wc air, if that makes a difference.

What rear shock should I get?

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I looked @ xfusion, and almost bought the delta 8 fork, but the current lack of dealers/support in the us right now is too much of a deterrent. ALso, I would like some mass use of the product first...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Winger any specific info on the H-3? Have it? Ridden it? I haven't head much about it besides the interbike talk.

nmn25 dhx5 is very good but yeah evolver get's great reviews. Is your bike a low lev bike that is reletively stiff? Cuz in other case air shock may not be to suitable.

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
I am using a Xfusion 02RC DC2 and am over the moon with it. The compression adjustment is from virtually non to basically totally locked and anywhere between the two. It only has the single rebound damping adjust. But combined this with the infinitely adjustable spring weight and very effective compression dampening it makes for a very tuneable shock. A very interesting part of this shock is its curve tunability so you can make the shock more or less progressive. The shock is incredibly light weight as well. Its a Demo bike so every one and there dog are thrashing it and we have had no problems yet.

The Delta 8 forks are interesting but I did not know they were on general sale yet. They have changed the spec a fair few times on them. The current model on our Demo bike is a bit iffy on the rebound adjustment but most of the people who have rode it are happy. They are very light though and the travel adjust works great. Though to be honest they just tend to stay stuck on full travel. I have seen some other Demo ones with a much improved damper though apparently it does add to the weight.

I dont know who sells them in the US but Xfusion are from the US so you should just try contacting them direct.

Winger

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
i have been testing the H3 since last march... its my favorite shock in our line. bummer is we dont make it in a 9.5 yet... hopefully soon. hit me up though for some possible options..

john@x-fusion-shox.com

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Should be fine with air. I'm on a 3:1 and my dhx works no prob with it (came stock and it's a full blown dh frame)

About the fusion shoks. Well I'll be probably waiting for the first logner term reviews but it seems that you've seriously jumped with quality and the H3 Seemed really nice when I first saw it.
Ahh I'd forget. How about the lack of mid stroke support? Is it not as evident as in DHX-A?

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
The guy is willing to give me any shock at cost cause it was supposed to come with a dhx air, but he put a coil on it. I was going to sell this and then buy one at cost, and thus not spend any money...

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
there's that snide remark i was waiting for. Prob more freeriding anyways. What's wrong with wanting what i ordered in the first place, and then not wanting to change springs when i change travel settings?

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
it wasnt snide, i wasnt poking fun or anything, i just find it hard to believe ur gonna care enough once you get it dialed. i have two travel/geo settings, but im too lazy to switch everytime i feel like riding trails or dh