Quantcast

When you think of DH

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
the sound of the wind in my full face. the moment of freedom and happiness you have as you're ejected clear of the bike but have not yet hit the ground.

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
Blurry vision, heavy breathing, adrenaline pumping, smooth is fast, joy in the faces of my homies, the A-line, sheep, tire pressure, six beeps, traction is irrelevent in the air, ...to name a fewSheep?
fast, faster, got to go faster(think golem voice)

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
all i think about is how much i can push my tires.

that is the only limiting factor to how fast i go.

Go dog Go,...........stop Dog stop!

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
thejames said:
fast, faster, got to go faster(think golem voice)

I need one of those voices. Sometimes I get the "oh boy, you really should probably hit the brakes" (think your mom's voice. . . I can just see her pumping the imaginary brake pedal on the passenger side as we're flying down the freeway).

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Trying to ride as close to your buddies wheel as possible. Manpiles. Maniacal laughter when you realize how fast you're going and how screwed you'd be if you ate it...but knowing you won't. Really dark, loamy, dirt flying off your tires.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
- Sunday morning at Plattekill on a race weekend.
- The smell of the dirt on a broken (in) DH course.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
-The comraderie at the races. From beginner to pro everyone's pushing themselves and for some reason everyone knows and respects that.

-The crazy feeling you get in your stomach a few minutes before a race run.

-Burned out shot up cars, people shooting guns, and garbage piles at the areas we so often get kicked out of for building trails.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
- will my tire break loose
- will my tire pop
- will my tubeless hold
- how fast can i get through that rock garden
- how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood
- is the guy in front of me catch able?
- calming down. dont let the adrenaline get to ya

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Trees, Skylines, creeks, wet rocks, waterfalls with no water, drops, disc rotors, dirt, boundarie tape, lack of dirt here-mound of sculpted dirt there, dew, tire tracks (I always figure out what tire,brand, and if i know people with that combination of tires and how long since they rode the trail), recovery drinks, water bottles, dirt cars, smiling faces and respect in their eyes-this isn't easy and I'm glad you're still alive and in one piece look.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
shovels,
mattocks,
rakes,
5 gallon buckets,
wheelbarrows,
weedeaters,
leafblowers,
chainsaws,
visions of a trail on a mt.slope before you break out any of the above items.

and all the freinds you'll make because of their use.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
stiksandstones said:
For some reason I think of snow sprinkled peaks off in the distance of the dolomites, looking out of a start house, down a ramp, some grassy knolls and off into the rock garden of hell.

Nevegal?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
stiksandstones said:
Ya, that place defines DHing to me.
And in hindsight, I did not read motionboys post well, he wanted words, so just pull one of those words out of my post ;)

Yeah, it does....shame they don't race it anymore.....:(

Always wanted to take a crack at the course....still do.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
stiksandstones said:
Ya, that place defines DHing to me.
And in hindsight, I did not read motionboys post well, he wanted words, so just pull one of those words out of my post ;)
I am getting plenty from all of you. Basically what I am doing is designing a bike shop. I want it to be AWESOME! and want to incorperate things that people think about when they are riding somehow.

So keep the thoughts, feelings and especially the Tangable things coming! Also, if there are things you see that remind you of riding then that is good too...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think of the mad bike fixing race at midnight the day before a race. That's what always ends up happening with me, anyways.