Quantcast

Wheel dilemma?

xdoktor

Chimp
Mar 20, 2010
I'm trying to decide on either building up a set of Mavic EN521's with Hope pro 2 hubs or buying the 2010 Mavic Crossline wheelset. The price for the 521's with Hope hubs is around $575. The Crossline wheelset is $399. Any suggestions or experience with either of the two?

Wheels will be used for light freeride/DH and XC.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I'm trying to decide on either building up a set of Mavic EN521's with Hope pro 2 hubs or buying the 2010 Mavic Crossline wheelset. The price for the 521's with Hope hubs is around $575. The Crossline wheelset is $399. Any suggestions or experience with either of the two?

Wheels will be used for light freeride/DH and XC.
I just got my EN521's laced to Pro 2's from CRC about 2 weeks ago. So far I have no complaints at all. I also got the set built and shipped for $309. So if you're going that route, definitely take a look at CRC and save some $$.

Last edited:

Jadamy681

Chimp
Feb 12, 2010
manchester CT
I have spinergys and theyre superrrr nicee and ive done some pretty big drops and I havnet even had to true them yet, they are light and make it feel superrr fast. If your looking for a quality wheel www.spinergy.com look at xyclone enduro's. Hope that helpss

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
En521's are really underrated IMO. Definitely check them out on chain reaction as someone else mentioned.

mellow_sparky

Monkey
Aug 21, 2009
Washington State
I had a set of 521's built up last fall. I debated between the Hope's and Hadley's. I went for the latter. It was a bit more expensive, but the Hadley's have quicker engagement (great for technical trails) and the Hadley's have a titanium freehub body (vs. the aluminum on the Hopes - which can tend to get chewed up by your cassette).