Quantcast

What's the deal with the Session backorder???

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm confused. There's a couple of the FR spec bikes on shop floors here in Vancouver, and my buddy bought a DH spec bike off the shop floor two weeks ago, though it was the only one we could find in town.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Frame vs complete

Canada vs USA

maybe because they were tested as completes......in Whistler...

I dont know............................

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I did not just pull those numbers out of my a$$.

The retail price of the 88 is $3299 with the DHX. Next years Jedi might go up..but it is currently listed as $2699 with the same DHX 5.

These prices can be found easily by anyone who knows the magic of Google or can find the mfg or any number of retailer web sited......
Talked to the guys at canfield about the new rear with bigger clearance and unfortunately they also informed me that the 09 jedi is over 3k (3150$ if I remember correctly).

BTW. I'm happy I kept my bike for at least half of the 09 season as my wait will be probably even longer than the trek guys.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
John... I think your dealer might have led you on a bit, not Trek.

I looked into getting a frameset around thanksgiving and it clearly stated on DEXTER (Treks online dealer/invenory service site) that ETA for session frame sets was mid April.
I think it was a matter of timing. I ordered mine mid-October and the shop (Bath Cycle/Bikeman, who I've dealt with for 12+ years) was informed there would be at least 2 production runs on the frames, and the first was close to sold out. Ryan (RPG) ordered his later in November/December and was told that his would be out of the 2nd run.

Try and get an old one if you can. The new tube spec frames are going to be close to 3 lbs heavier.
Yeah, I heard they were swapping out the aluminum tubes with solid bar-stock steel.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
I hear there was a shortage of tubing as people aren't recycling enough aluminum cans at the moment.
:rofl:

DRINK MOAR BEERZ!

i seen this on the ebay but if this kinda dent came from a " weighing accident " i be afraid to run it down hill. http://cgi.ebay.com/Trek-SESSION-88-DH-Med-FOX-E-13-SRAM-SAINT-ELIXIR_W0QQitemZ130293631141QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMountain_Bikes?hash=item130293631141&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:2|294:50 i dont think it was a weighing accident but 4000 with a dent like that is kinda crazy!
Yikes!

But really, is anybody honestly surprised??

Dont sweat it, your going to like the session better thanthe DHR, I cant explain it, but ride both, and youll get it.
Don't even bother riding both. Just give the down/top-tube of both bikes a couple light taps with a wrench and "you'll get it."

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I've seen this before.

If you were to order a popular model, like a road bike, I guarantee the ETA would be met because they would be hundreds of dealers complaining.

When you dealing with a rather unique item, like a Trek DH frame (I suppose that is like ordering a tasteful Fox apparel), demand is very low.

I had to order a Taurine carbon hardtail frame last year. I figure it wouldn't be that big deal, but there were loads of issues.

Ultimately, I negotiated free overnight shipping, which was the best I could get from Cannondale.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Thought you guys might be interested in these pics I came across...

http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,189574.0/topicseen.html
The guy cleary says the fork bumper slidded down. As for the other dent its very common to dent frames at that spot.

Im afraid Trek is going to have to prove their frame is JUST as strong as any other frame just because theirs is well made and turns out to be pretty light.

Ive seen ALL KINDS of others frames with BIG ASS dents on them after only a short while.

Ive been riding the **** out of mine ,tossing it in the back on my truck with other bikes,doing shuttles for 3 solid months and I have yet to see anything out of the ordinary.Plus it rides like a dream.

I hope you guys get your soon !