Quantcast

What's the best chain quide w/Profile's?

BullBiker

Chimp
Nov 5, 2001
Flatland Florida
Will probably be buying a set of Profile Chromoly cranks here shortly, and wanted to run them as a double w/ a bash ring.

What is the best chain quide system to use with these? I'll probably be running a 32/22. I'm interesed in the Evil, the MRP LRP, and the Mr. Dirt, I like the Black spire as well. Heck, any of them are nice to look at, but which has the most reliable and smooth performance?

Pictures if you got em!

L8R

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
well i'm pretty sure Mr. dirt doesn't have a chain guide that can support 2 rings up front. my buddy here has the LRP and it works great, never seen a problem yet, he's been ridding it for about 5months now. but lately all i hear is great news about the EVIL. i'm not quite sure about the black spire.
i have a single ring chain guide on my DH and hardtail. the DH bike has a mr. dirt and i love it. somewhat loud, but i don't care. the hardtail has a blackspire on it and it took some getting adjusted correctly but it works great, have a38tooth on it and ride it XC and Dirtjumping. never have had a problem with hills or anything.
goodluck