Quantcast

What tire pump should I buy?

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
I was on long trail ride in the North Cascades last night and I pinch flatted about five miles from the trailhead. The sun was going down and I had to change the tube quickly, no problem right? Wrong, I have this small crank bros. piece of sh!t that took about 15 minutes to fill the tire to 25lbs. I need a good tire pump that works well and that is not too heavy. Any ideas? Thanks...

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Get the Peter North pump. Oh wait. My bad. Wrong type of pump.

I have a black burn piece of terd that i have. I never use it though cuz i use slime and haven't had a pinch flat for a long, long time.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Do you have the crank bros one with the volume setting and pressure setting? Maybe you're on the wrong setting.

My guide in Moab had one and it seemed pretty lame.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Is that the one with the fold down foot step?
If so, that thing kicks ass.
I have two friends with one, and it is about 5 times as fast as my old crappy pump.
Yep. I got one after using a friends, when my pump blew up. It's awesome.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have the cheap one I got at Target or something in 1994. It fits in the main compartment of my Camelbak Mule and works for both presta and "regular" valves. It's been in there so long I forget I have it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I see they have 40 different options. I stock the mini morph and the road morph. Looks to be little difference in the mini and the mtn. Perhaps a snick more volume.
Holy hell they make a lot of pumps. Just looked at their website. :shocked:

The Mountain Morph is a bit longer than the Mini, and a bit bigger in diameter than the Road. They're all pretty similar though.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I see they have 40 different options. I stock the mini morph and the road morph. Looks to be little difference in the mini and the mtn. Perhaps a snick more volume.

They have a bunch of different pumps but only one called the Mountain Morph. It is the one to have for higher air volume MTB tires.

KonaKruiser

Chimp
Apr 29, 2009
Candler, NC
Whatever you do, don't try and save a buck buying one from WalMart. It will break almost immediately, and then you'll spend about $50 on the a good one you should of bought in the first place.