Quantcast

What is the best downhill/freeride longboard for around $220?

amel

Chimp
May 16, 2014
This would be my first longboard. I have no experience, no knowledge of what bearings or trucks or anything to get. I do not plan on riding anymore than 30 mph max. I live in a town that has cartpaths everywhere, and we travel with golf carts, and i had planned on riding on those, which means i would get considerable speed but not anything like 50 or anywhere close. Please help, i am a longboarding noob!

I looked into the Landyachtz Evo and Chinook but know very little about my "riding style" and how they would work with my style. I do not wnt to spend more than 220 bucks. I am open to buying any knid of board that would support my budget and riding style. Again, please help!

Wetbed0

Chimp
Dec 17, 2013
Colorado
Depends, most of us are still on 26" setups, a 27.5" setup bight be more enduro than what you're looking for. Are you okay with out carbons and adding moar shimzz?

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
This is the most convincing bot yet. Where's the link that will infect my computer with a virus that will steal my credit card infos?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Chinook will work as well, nice board with a good pocket.
Bearings - Bones Swiss or SuperSwiss
Trucks - Caliber are a nice pricepoint.
Wheels - This one is a bit tougher - but look for something in the 80-82 durometer and that have a beveled or radiused edge.