Quantcast

what I miss about the East Coast...

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
Um, really good non-behemoth bread and pastry shops that also sell really good coffee?

(Never understood why people love DD coffee so much, it's always tasted like the same old industrial crap to me.)
i agree. i moved from marin county to Connecticut and everyone loves DD. It's such a ****ty chain.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Memphis to Milwaukee.

It's only been two months but I miss

-My parents
-My independent video store. Supposedly there is one here but I haven't found it yet.
-My liquor store. They are getting a christmas card this year I miss them so much
-Pizza. This thin crust **** is for the birds.
-BBQ. I had some of the absolute worst bbq I have ever had in my life here the other day. Yack.
-Danver's. I want a hot turkey and cheese dammit.
-Sweet tea from Tops. It was a once a week treat.
bbq :(:(:(:(:(

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Seattle to Atlanta 11 months ago

I miss
-my friends
-my work wardrobe of shorts and a sweatshirt...business casual sucks monkey balls!
-"outdoor minded" people
-bike lanes
-Tiger Mountain and "The Worm"
-snowboarding
-the laid back attitude of folks in general
-our local bike shops and moto shop
-Mongolian Barbeque (and good Teryaki for Jason)
-and ironcially enough I'm missing the rain right now because we need it sooooo badly here!!!

What I like though
-seeing the sun in the wintertime
-being closer to my family
-good bbq
-racing the GNCC Series (ATV XC series)
-the atv riding trails

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Well What I miss about California, is the warm weather, clean, consistent surf, good riding, and I could kill for a in-n-out doubledouble right now. So there..
I left CA in 1980. What do I miss?

nothing.
Well, maybe hiking the High Sierra but that's about it. Now every time I got back I just get pissed off at traffic, everyone's in a hurry, has an attitude, can't bother to be nice or help out.../rant

OK, driving 80 mph in bumper to bumper traffic is kind of fun since I learned to drive that way.